• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your "Grail" pedigrees!!

50 posts in this topic

Me too. I'm just busting Tim's balls. acclaim.gif

Hmm, too bad. My boss just asked me to recommend counsel for a new IP litigation matter in California. Guess I'll be calling MoFo. devil.gif

Now who's busting balls? 27_laughing.gif I'm too sharp to fall for the "dangle the cheese in front of the mouse" bit, buddy. I didn't just fall off of a turnip truck, you know. 893naughty-thumb.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif Even the boy who cried wolf got it right once!

Me too. I'm just busting Tim's balls. acclaim.gif

Hmm, too bad. My boss just asked me to recommend counsel for a new IP litigation matter in California. Guess I'll be calling MoFo. devil.gif

Now who's busting balls? 27_laughing.gif I'm too sharp to fall for the "dangle the cheese in front of the mouse" bit, buddy. I didn't just fall off of a turnip truck, you know. 893naughty-thumb.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif Even the boy who cried wolf got it right once!

Leave it to you to draw an entirely different moral lesson from that story than everyone else did. 27_laughing.gif

While I have lots of pedigrees, most of my key books (grails) are not. But at least this one is a First Appearance (of sorts).

692517-TTA%2349.jpg

Hey Steve, I just noticed this is a Western Penn. Nice book and not something you see everyday, as many of the Western Penn TTAs are 9.6s and locked away. Where did you get it?

Thanks. I was a little surprised it got no comments, as it's not a book that often appears in high grade.

Dude, you must be one of the few who haven't heard that for Silver Age collectors and dealers, Marvels dominate! devil.gif

Phenomenal and rare key book in ultra high grade - just checked the census, and there are a grand total of 3 slabbed copies above 8.5. As I've only seen mid-Silver Bethlehem Marvels, many of which have light halo-tanning, I find it interesting that many of the older books from the collection survived in superior condition.

As extraordinary as your copy is, can you tell us anything about the astounding 9.6 copy?

Hey Steve, I just noticed this is a Western Penn. Nice book and not something you see everyday, as many of the Western Penn TTAs are 9.6s and locked away. Where did you get it?

Doug, where I get all my high priced (wait I'm mean high grade) TTA's tongue.gif

Is it Tom who has most of the Western Penns of this title?

Doug has tons of the Pacific Coast (thanks to Mark Arrand), I have a variety of White Mountain, Northland, Boston a few of the Pacific Coast Rejects (only 9.4's and 9.6's) and ONE Western Penn.

I want to know who has the Curator copies as I believe a board member has the #44 CGC 9.4 (now on ComicLink), but where are the rest?

Still have your #39 that your just dying to part with (yucky Marvel book)?

As extraordinary as your copy is, can you tell us anything about the astounding 9.6 copy?

I don't know a THING about the 9.6 copy of Adventure 247, despite my best efforts to find out. The DC SA collecting community seems to be much more fragmented than the Marvel collectors, and there doesn't appear to be any Tom B or Doug S ubercollector equivalent, so it's really really hard to find information about SA DCs.

Is it Tom who has most of the Western Penns of this title?

My understanding is yes.

Still have your #39 that your just dying to part with (yucky Marvel book)?

Indeed I do, and yes it's still available. Seems like it would be tailormade for you, seeing as my asking price is BELOW GPA average (I think) for a 9.4 copy. poke2.gif