• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signed and Graded Stan Lee SKETCH value...

28 posts in this topic

In the case of the book in question, I'd agree with this.

Generally speaking, I see somewhere between 5 and 10 Signature Series certified sketches from Stan appear for sale appear per year. They are way less common than his signature, but not impossible to find.

th_MarvelsProject1-LeeSpidey.jpg

Where have they been listed for sale then? I scoured several of the auction sites looking for them before coming here to try and approximate a value... No luck. Got links?

Many are older and may take a bit of digging to find, so I likely won't. However, I remember seeing a TTA #27 with a spidey headsketch for sale on this very forum within the last year, I believe. There's also the infamous "Cockroach ASM #129" that pops up from time to time. Other than that, check out ComicArtFans for a few others on display.

Respectfully, I question the reason for the inquiry for the value. Why do you need it historical data? I believe those that I quoted are the most accurate. Keep in mind that in comics general, there are many people that don't actively participate in the Signature Series program and don't have their finger on the pulse of the market for books like this. This same post in the Signature Room portion of the forum will likely give you more accurate answers...especially since if you're looking to sell, they would be your target demographic anyway.

If you're looking to sell and get the max value, put it on ebay for around $1,000 and allow offers. As someone said, take anything over $500.