• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rumble... Is it ongoing?

87 posts in this topic

For completists, there was a RUMBLE preview in a recent issue of WALKING DEAD (#134?). It may have been previewed in other Image comics as well. This was standalone story, just for the preview, and wasn't reprinted in issue #1.

Reviews have been great, here's a well-written one:

http://comicbook.com/2014/12/12/advance-review-rumble-1-is-a-pure-comics-experience/

Interview with John Arcudi today at Newsarama:

http://www.newsarama.com/23034-arcudi-gets-ready-to-rumble-with-new-image-series.html

I checked out the comicbook.com review after I read it and agreed whole heartedly. Story wise, it's an excellent #1 that left me with no doubts that I'll be picking up #2. Very intriguing and the colors are awesome as well. Hope it keeps up after such a great start.

Anyone know if this team will be attending the Image Expo?

Going by past expo experiences, I would bet on them being there since one of the expo

variants is Rumble #1 B&W..... (thumbs u

Sorry to say, James Harren will not be attending Image Expo, and as far as he knows, neither will John Arcudi. James will not be doing too many this year; so far, the only two confirmed appearances are ECCC and NYCC.

Anyone know if this team will be attending the Image Expo?

Going by past expo experiences, I would bet on them being there since one of the expo

variants is Rumble #1 B&W..... (thumbs u

Sorry to say, James Harren will not be attending Image Expo, and as far as he knows, neither will John Arcudi. James will not be doing too many this year; so far, the only two confirmed appearances are ECCC and NYCC.

Guess I'll have to wait for ECCC.... :sorry:

For anyone who wants to check out the OA, I just posted the entire first issue on my site:

http://www.felixcomicart.com/ArtistGalleryTitleDetails.asp?Details=1&ArtistId=574&Mag=RUMBLE

And judging by the sales it appears there are few fans of the book.

Not sure what you mean, but all the big pieces were spoken for quickly. (shrug) What usually happens is everyone fights over the sexiest pieces (i.e. covers, splashes) with the story pages taking longer to sell. Not a big deal. Based on the number of people (including you) who have expressed interest in the art, I'm confident more will move. Sometimes people are just financially tapped out at the moment (which I know you can empathize with).

For anyone who wants to check out the OA, I just posted the entire first issue on my site:

http://www.felixcomicart.com/ArtistGalleryTitleDetails.asp?Details=1&ArtistId=574&Mag=RUMBLE

And judging by the sales it appears there are few fans of the book.

Not sure what you mean, but all the big pieces were spoken for quickly. (shrug) What usually happens is everyone fights over the sexiest pieces (i.e. covers, splashes) with the story pages taking longer to sell. Not a big deal. Based on the number of people (including you) who have expressed interest in the art, I'm confident more will move. Sometimes people are just financially tapped out at the moment (which I know you can empathize with).

It's funny how some things are interpreted. I was surprised how quickly some of the pieces sold as opposed to what is left.

If I misinterpreted, then my bad. If there was supposed to be an "a" in front of "few", then I would have read your post differently.

In any case, would love every sale to be like SCOTT PILGRIM, but pretty pleased for James on what has sold so far.

Was able to score some display logo variants today at 20% below cover woot.

Do you know if CGC is differentiating these on the labels from the others?

I haven't seen any of these floor display issues in a slab yet.

Or one that states it is a floor display variant, anyway.

Yes they are. I submitted a few last week. Can't wait to get my Image expo variants in as well so I can sub these. I will be making a complete set on this series. It really has my imagination.

Yes they are. I submitted a few last week. Can't wait to get my Image expo variants in as well so I can sub these. I will be making a complete set on this series. It really has my imagination.

Great, thanks!