• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SPIDER-MAN Sony-Marvel potential deal OFFICIAL THREAD

351 posts in this topic

Already posted here and here.

But if this becomes the official news, WOW! Sing it out long and loud!

I guess that's what happens when you post in the official thread. Oh well.

Just caught this.

:foryou:

I posted it in the roadmap thread because there are so many upcoming Marvel movies mentioned and impacted by this potential news. And because this is supposed to take place in the Avengers 3 movie, what timing to kick that off.

No offense meant.

Already posted here and here.

But if this becomes the official news, WOW! Sing it out long and loud!

I guess that's what happens when you post in the official thread. Oh well.

Just caught this.

:foryou:

I posted it in the roadmap thread because there are so many upcoming Marvel movies mentioned and impacted by this potential news. And because this is supposed to take place in the Avengers 3 movie, what timing to kick that off.

No offense meant.

None taken. I didn't want to double or triple post it, so I checked the movie/tv room and this official thread and didn't see it so I took a chance. No worries.

Either way may still be a rumor. Sony may not be happy the news came out before some big event.

I think we call this the Momoa Declaration now, with the 'You can punch me in the face' clause included.

(:

THE MOTLEY FOOL: Sony Partnering With Marvel on Spider-Man? Here's Why the Rumor Is Probably True

-------------------

Yes, I realize that's easier said that done. Read the various snippets at Mashable to see how Sony executive Amy Pascal argues with herself in email about how much control to cede in a potential deal with Marvel.

"If we have Spider-Man in Cap 3 ... What is our fee and our back end? Need -script approval, casting approval of [spider-Man] and Aunt May and consultation of May's house in Queens and any other Spider-Man locations we may need in future movies," Pascal wrote in an Oct. 21 email to herself.

Fair points, save for the first. History has given us a financial model for shared responsibility when it comes to comic-book filmmaking. In this case, Sony would negotiate the terms for allowing Marvel and Disney to use Spidey while retaining lucrative distribution rights. The question is whether either studio has the will to implement that sort of arrangement.

-------------------

Spider-Man has been Marvel's historical sales leader. Disney would be foolish to allow Sony to tarnish the property.

Too late.

I think marvel started the trend way before Sony did.

What's interesting is Sony, when questioned about that 'Aunt May' movie, had some representative swear there was no such movie even in concept.

Sony Says 'Are You Nuts' To Aunt May Movie Rumor

-------------------

When reached by CBR News, a source within Sony stated that the report of a Spider-Man spinoff starring a young Aunt May is a “silly rumor” with “no validity whatsoever.”

-------------------

Yet Latino Review even had the source material pegged what direction Sony wanted to go after with a younger Aunt May movie.

Aunt May Movie Without Spider-Man Rumored To Be In The Works (11/11/14)

-------------------

Latino Review says they've heard "the target mood is some sort of espionage story in the vein of AMC’s Mad Men, which sounds like a way of saying 'classier Agent Carte' ” without name-dropping Marvel’s upcoming series."

They also point out the obvious -- that Marvel already once tried to reinvent the young May Parker, with Trouble, a 2003 romance comics miniseries wherein she was revealed to be Spider-Man's biological mother. The series was critically-panned, low-selling and exasperated fans of the characters...so it's probably not likely that Sony would adapt elements of it too closely.

-------------------

There is definitely some truth to all these rumors leaking out. This is why I doubt the recent Sony denial about the Marvel-Sony Spider-Man deal. They are so desperate, anything is open to reality right now.

Marvel has owned the Spider-Man TV rights since 2009.

Marvel Character Rights Shell Game Thread

It would be nice to see them finally pull something together after all this time via TV. The vast source material it could pull from with great villains would last for years.

:wishluck:

If Marvel does get a chance to develop something in its film universe or TV, I wonder if they would consider keeping some of the current actors in the roles.

Felicity Jones As Black Cat

It sounds like she was wanting to move forward further with the role.

Felicity Jones Talks Future As Spider-Man's BLACK CAT