• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best of 2014....... it Begins---------The Votes are in!!!

243 posts in this topic

I'm happy enough with the results. Entered five pieces and four got votes. Most ended up with one vote, with the highest being three for my Don Heck JLA title page. I was pleased that it got mentioned in one person's write up for their best of choices and I publically thank them for that. It was a pleasant surprise to see. I could say I thought my Marie Severing Spectacular Spider Man title was deserving of more than one vote, but that could just be that my perspective is clouded by how much I love the page myself.

Regardless, I was happy with the 5 votes that were allowed and I think it allowed a little more love for pages to be spread around. If viewed as a competition, then it was tough as I wavered on choices and went back and forth on several pages for awhile before pulling the trigger and submitting. I mean... you know it's a tough completion when things like Colan's Captain America cover, Romita Jr's Amazing Spider Man cover, and George Papp's More Fun cover (legendary by the way) cover all get bumped into the runner up category.

A few highlights for me were the Justice League of America 101 cover by Nick Cardy. Sam Kieth's Maxx cover (that doesn't seem to be posted anymore). Fairest cover by Adam Hughes really grabbed my attention and I love the negative space, the shadow, and the subtle touches found within. I personally dug the Spectre issue 9 page by Gray Morrow, but that's partially attributed to this type of page showing up in a comic without warning. The Buscema Silver Surfer page was really nice. I have to say I was really fond of the Amazing Adventures Black Widow page by Don Heck. And a couple Spirit commissions really captured the feel of that character really well. Great stuff everyone and I look forward to doing it again next year; regardless of the number of votes anything gets.

A few highlights for me were the Justice League of America 101 cover by Nick Cardy. Sam Kieth's Maxx cover (that doesn't seem to be posted anymore).

Yeah, I was thinking I didn't have enough art left in my collection to rate a CAF gallery let alone an additional Lowry so I deleted it. Funny it took it out of the voting results but it was cool to see Maxx get some love.