• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OAFCON -- TBA 2017
2 2

35 posts in this topic

Saw a FaceBook post that has this con taking place Oct 31-Nov 1 in Norman at the Embassy Suites. This is the weekend after WW Tulsa and shares the Saturday with WW Austin. I'll post more when I find it.

Saw a FaceBook post that has this con taking place Oct 31-Nov 1 in Norman at the Embassy Suites. This is the weekend after WW Tulsa and shares the Saturday with WW Austin. I'll post more when I find it.

I would have more interest in this than in WW Austin if it weren't on Halloween weekend. This is an old school con in the truest sense and iirc it brings in a lot of the old guard collectors and dealers catering more to GA and SA than to what was on WWE Smackdown last weekend.

I will be there as a seller this year. It will be my 3rd OAFCON as a seller. It's a great show with lots of comics of all ages. I would guess there are roughly 30 different vendors altogether. Definitely well worth the visit if you can make it.

Starts today! Unfortunately I'm missing it again. :cry:

Had a good time today at the show. Sold $400-500 worth of books and met about 5-6 people who joined my OKC Area Comic Book Buy, Sell and Trade Facebook group but whom I had never met in person. Also got to see a lot of dealers I had met at previous cons (including OAFCON). Hope to sell a bunch more tomorrow. :)

Edited by Shark

12311228_1181532281876224_4616917564599334499_n.jpg

Sadly, this is the weekend before Alamo City, which I'm tied up with for four days, so I am doubtful that I will be able to road trip down to this one. It is always something with me and this show. :cry:

I just noticed that this show is the same weekend as WW Tulsa.

Oh brother! doh!

I can't believe Bart (Bush) would do that. I'm going to have to have a chat with him. :facepalm:

I chatted with Bart thru Facebook and he said he had limited dates to choose from. We all seem to like the new venue it's in (Embassy Suites in Norman) so he's sticking with it. He knows he's competing with WW Tulsa but is counting on all of the older comics at his show providing a big draw.

I will likely pick OAFCon over Tulsa because:

A) It's a much shorter drive (30 miles vs. 90-100 to Tulsa)

B) There are more comics at OAFCon than at WW Tulsa BY FAR

C) It's much cheaper to setup as a dealer

D) Buddy Saunders with mycomicshop normally makes the trek up from Dallas with a 12-16 ft. truck and fills it as much as he can with comics he buys from OAFCon dealers. And he's very fair on what he offers. I sold him all of my table longboxes (5 or 6) last year.

I just noticed that this show is the same weekend as WW Tulsa.

Oh brother! doh!

I can't believe Bart (Bush) would do that. I'm going to have to have a chat with him. :facepalm:

I chatted with Bart thru Facebook and he said he had limited dates to choose from. We all seem to like the new venue it's in (Embassy Suites in Norman) so he's sticking with it. He knows he's competing with WW Tulsa but is counting on all of the older comics at his show providing a big draw.

I will likely pick OAFCon over Tulsa because:

A) It's a much shorter drive (30 miles vs. 90-100 to Tulsa)

B) There are more comics at OAFCon than at WW Tulsa BY FAR

C) It's much cheaper to setup as a dealer

D) Buddy Saunders with mycomicshop normally makes the trek up from Dallas with a 12-16 ft. truck and fills it as much as he can with comics he buys from OAFCon dealers. And he's very fair on what he offers. I sold him all of my table longboxes (5 or 6) last year.

Can confirm Buddy is planning to attend again this year.