• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sold thanks - SA Rip Hunter Lot

22 posts in this topic

I have a small run of Rip Hunters to sell (#s3-12). These are fun books to read and have some nice art in them from the likes of Bill Ely, Nick Cardy, and Alex Toth.

Nothing spectacular as far as grades go and I have tried to nail the grade and hopefully lean towards the conservative but if you think I'm off, please shoot me a PM. Really in hand, they for the most part feel very solid and the interior is surprisingly good with some PQ nearing white and at least ow-w. Nothing brittle at all. I have tried to note everything major detail along with my grade estimate.

Given the value and the lower grade, I have included only a front cover scan but if you would like a back look, just let me know.

I have no idea if there is any demand for these or not and have tried to be reasonable on the price, but again, if I'm way off, let me know. I am open to offers, especially on multiple books or if you want to buy the lot of them.

If there is a demand for these, I have many other SA DC and Marvel books, that I may list. Just need to find the time to dig, sort, and scan.

Rules:

* First unconditional :takeit: in the thread trumps all. If there is a PM and the offer is accepted, the time stamp of the PM will be the winner in case someone happens to post in the thread.

* Payment is expected within three days of deal. Payment via Paypal.

* Shipping in the US is via USPS boxed priority mail only and will be $8 for whatever you buy - if that turns out to be too much upon shipment, I will refund the difference but I expect it to be nearer $12 or so per box. International will be at cost and no fudging on the invoice for customs. Shipment will be made within 2 days of payment - most likely that day or the next day and I will send a tracking number.

* No HOS or Probies - please take care of your prior issues first.

Now on to the books.

Happy New year

Jeff

Rip Hunter #3

1.8/2.0 - Cover still hanging on to the staples (barely on the top). Lots of wear. ¾” tear in bottom margin of the first page but overall the pages are pretty good and supple and actually decent cover gloss. Ross Andru cover and art.

OSPG - 2.0 = $15

My Price = $10 Now $8

Rip3.jpg

Rip Hunter #4

3.5 - Decent enough copy - cover still nicely attached at staples with slight pulling. Other than the wear showing, nothing major to note. Cardy cover and art.

OSPG - 2.0 = $15 4.0 = $30

My Price = $20 Now $16

Rip4.jpg

Rip Hunter #5

2.5 - Lots of creasing on front cover as can be seen. Back cover has a large corner crease as well - no pieces out. General wear - nothing really jumps out as a major flaw. Positives include nice PQ and all is nicely attached. This is the last 10 cent issue. Nick Cardy cover and art.

OSPG - 2.0 = $15 4.0 = $30

My Price = $15 Now $12

Rip5.jpg

Rip Hunter #6

3.0 - Again, solid enough copy. Cover attached at the staples with slight pulling. Not as much wear as noted on some of the others and feels very solid in hand. No major flaws to note. Pages are very nice and supple. This sports a Cardy cover with interior art by Alex Toth.

OSPG - 2.0 = $10 4.0 = $20

My Price = $15 Now $12

Rip6.jpg

Rip Hunter #7

4.0/4.5 - Nicer copy with nice page quality. As can be seen, not much wear on the books. Still firmly attached but there is a small round stain (around ¾“ that can be seen on the interior bottom of the front cover. It does have a slim dust shadow along the bottom of the back cover. Ka-Zar’s Zabu, sans tail) on the cover? lol

Overall, a nice copy. GCD lists Dillon as the cover artist with inks by Shelly Moldoff and does have Alex Toth interiors.

OSPG - 2.0 = $10 4.0 = $20 6.0 = $30

My Price = $20 Now $16

Rip7.jpg

Rip Hunter #8

3.5 - Again, nothing major - everything attached . Nice interior page quality and just the spine and corner wear that can be seen. Bill Ely cover and art.

OSPG - 2.0 = $8 4.0 = $16

My Price = $15 Now $12

Rip8.jpg

Rip Hunter #9

3.5/4.0 - Has small stain that is visible lower left of cover (visible on interior) but other than everything is very solid. Not as much wear or stress as some of the others. Nice clean whitish pages and good amount of cover gloss. Bill Ely cover/art.

My Price = $12 Now $9.50

Rip9.jpg

Rip Hunter #10

2.5 - More wear visible on this copy. Has the ink written arrival date which looks like 7-4 (Independence Day) but could be 7-9. Spine stress and some creases drop the grade. Still attached at staples with some pulling. Pages are supple and clean. More overall cover wear on this one too. Insanely, fun cover. Bill Ely cover/art.

My Price = $8 Now $6

Rip10.jpg

Rip Hunter #11

3.0/3.5 - Really the same story as previous issues. It does have a little more stress on the cover that can be seen when angled so the grade drop but again the pages are whitish and clean and everything solidly attached. Does have the ink written arrival date which for me and some others is kind of cool. Bill Ely cover/art.

My Price = $12 Now $9.50

Rip11.jpg

Rip Hunter #12

2.5/3.0 - Actually looks a lot better and it is structurally solid but there is a faint staining on about half the page along the middle outer edge. Possibly water but there is no rippling - more prominent if look at the interior front cover. Multiple spine stress as can be seen. “549” is written in pen on the first interior page in the margin at the top left. Positives are good cover gloss and pages other than the faint staining are very nice and everything is attached and solid. Bill Ely cover and art. First Marvel/DC crossover - Human Torch cover lol

My Price = $10 Now $8

Rip12.jpg

:news:Discounted Offers :news:

Guide value for all books is between $140-$150.

How about the whole lot for $100 shipped in the US? That's 35% off OSPG plus free insured, priority mail shipping.

If you're interested in single issues, now 20% off my prices and add only $4 for shipping instead of the $8 listed.

I'm still open to offers if that doesn't entice. I'd like to clear some space and I have lots more stuff.

These Rip Hunters have some of the most vibrantly colorful covers of any series

if I wasn't getting carried away with another series this would be a great start to the complete set.

Thanks. They are fun reads for sure with some nice artwork.

And I am motivated to start clearing some space so if there is any interest, PM me an offer. I'll throw in some freebies if anyone takes the let of them.