• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Hog's purging of undercopies - 20% off all remaining books (See page 5)

49 posts in this topic

All,

I have several books that I need to offload. There will be CGC and raw books – primarily silver but some bronze age too. Most of these are under-copies. If there is any restoration on the raw or the CGCs were pressed, I’ll be sure to point those out. I’m going to post a few this afternoon and will try to get more on later today or in the AM. I have all positive feedback in the feedback thread and have 100% under ebay: duoality

:takeit: beats any PM negotiation. I accept PayPal. Please feel free to let me know if you disagree with my grading. I tried to be conservative.

Shipping is US shipping $7.00. I’ll ship outside of the US but contact me for quote. I’ll do my best to be as close as possible.

I’ll be sure to send these in flimsy brown envelopes with no backing boards – KIDDING FOLKS - these will be packed security.

No Hall of Shamers or probation list.

Please PM with questions.

First up:

Flash 105 1.5-1.8

SOLD

12 month GPA is $479 for a 1.5 (only 1) – this is a well-loved copy that could use a dry-cleaning. Pages are cream to off-white (much better condition than the cover). Staples are snug on the bottom and top but there is a split on the backside of the top staple.

Flash105a.jpg

Flash105b.jpg

As requested - close ups.

High res cover

High res back

Top staple

bottom staple

Flash 121 (VG+)

$60 $55 $50 $40

I’m trying to offer this competitively - GPA is all over the place because this is offered so seldom. It really is a very pretty copy. There are very few ticks on the spine, some stress around the staples but they are very firm. The biggest issue is the right upper corner. Looks to have been dropped at some point.

flash121a.jpg

flash121b.jpg

Marvel Feature #1: first Defenders (8.0)

$210 SOLD

Good old Old Label... Last sale was for an 8.0 was $226. I don’t know if the price will continue to rise but with the Netflix series culminating in something called the Defenders, I would imagine so. Sorry these are a little blurry. Can’t seem to get the scanner to not read the bottom of the slab.

Marfet1a.jpg

Marfet1b.jpg

X-Men 94 (VG)

SOLD edgerx

This is a pretty cool book – especially if your name is Dave. The book was signed to Dave by Dave Cockrum (Penciller), Bob McLeod (Inker), Gil Kane (Cover) on page 1. Dave, buy this book.

xmen94a.jpg

xmen94b.jpg

xmen94c.jpg

X-Men 12 (4.0 Color touch, small piece of tape on the top)

SOLD Philreal

GPA from 2013 is $108 (close to what I actually paid)

This is a book that breaks my heart. I purchased it from Heritage about 18 months ago. I won it as a raw, untouched. I received it, did a cursory glance, and then slipped it into a box. I didn’t really look at it for about a year… that’s when I noticed that someone slid a felt tip across the spine and added a small piece of tape to the top. I really deserve to have gotten stung for not paying better attention but it doesn’t hurt any less. I’m letting this go for significantly less than I paid.

jugg1a.jpg

jugg1b.jpg

jugg1c.jpg

X-Men 94 (VG)

$210

This is a pretty cool book – especially if your name is Dave. The book was signed to Dave by Dave Cockrum (Penciller), Bob McLeod (Inker), Gil Kane (Cover) on page 1. Dave, buy this book.

xmen94c.jpg

Hmm... some clever touch ups could turn that "Dave" into a "Jeff"... hm

$65

This is a book that breaks my heart. I purchased it from Heritage about 18 months ago. I won it as a raw, untouched. I received it, did a cursory glance, and then slipped it into a box. I didn’t really look at it for about a year… that’s when I noticed that someone slid a felt tip across the spine and added a small piece of tape to the top. I really deserve to have gotten stung for not paying better attention but it doesn’t hurt any less. I’m letting this go for significantly less than I paid.

jugg1a.jpg

jugg1b.jpg

jugg1c.jpg

Take it

$65

jugg1a.jpg

jugg1b.jpg

jugg1c.jpg

Take it

^^ Thanks

X-Men 94 (VG)

$210

xmen94a.jpg

xmen94b.jpg

xmen94c.jpg

:takeit:

X-Men 94 (VG)

$210

xmen94a.jpg

xmen94b.jpg

xmen94c.jpg

:takeit:

^^^^ chicken dinner. Thanks.

Fantastic Four #45 (G+/VG-)

SOLD

90 day average for (3.0) is $270

Despite the grade there are still good purples on the cover. Someone labeled the price at .15 in pencil then blacked it out and added a .20 in ballpoint. I’m not exactly sure what the stain on the back is but it doesn’t go through the cover. There is some spine roll.

FF45a.jpg

FF45b.jpg

Larger images:

http://home.comcast.net/~jrouseiii/pwpimages/FF45al.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~jrouseiii/pwpimages/FF45bl.jpg

Doctor Strange #169 reader (G)

SOLD

Don’t even know what to say about this one. It’s in ok condition with the exception of the gradoo on the cover. I don’t know if it would be considered color touch – it’s more like someone spilled yogurt/glue on the cover…… It doesn’t leak through – but it is on there. Just weird.

docsa.jpg

docsb.jpg

Fantastic Four #52 (G+/VG-)

SOLD

90 day average for a 3 was $165

THERE SHE BLOWS!!! Big water spot on this – otherwise it presents well. Bound to have room to grow as the movie closes in. A cheap in before the movie.

FF52a.jpg

FF52b.jpg

Larger images:

http://home.comcast.net/~jrouseiii/pwpimages/FF52al.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~jrouseiii/pwpimages/FF52bl.jpg