• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UPC codes for copper comics...

30 posts in this topic

It's interesting, but at least locally ( Chicago area ), direct editions were the ones commanding a premium over their newsstand counterparts....at least in the early to mid 1980's.

That has certainly flipped around now. ;)

Despite what RMA and Jaydog cling to, there is an increasing demand for newsstand copies. I don't particularly care as to the why and wherefore, however to deny it, is just sticking your head in the sand. :D

I would always prefer newsstand over direct any day. If it is a book I want I will always pay a premium for newsstand. Folks who say otherwise only have direct copies

I'm sure you'll enjoy this, then.

152366.jpg.3a01981a81a27e80636df9038520ff55.jpg

Personally, I don't care that much. I wouldn't look at a comic and then not buy it just because it's a newsstand copy. But given a choice between otherwise identical copies, I'll take these every time.

152367.jpg.dd3026843f3e738cc4d831b096e65ea0.jpg

The bar code on the FC and the jump in price to 35 cents pretty much ended my comic buying days (that, and college, and drugz and girlz) lol
You must have been buying a heck of a lot of comics if saving all those nickels helped to fund the other three pursuits.

Personally, I don't care that much. I wouldn't look at a comic and then not buy it just because it's a newsstand copy. But given a choice between otherwise identical copies, I'll take these every time.

152367.jpg

Literacy is overrated around here.

I've always been partial to the Spidey head ones.

The bar code on the FC and the jump in price to 35 cents pretty much ended my comic buying days (that, and college, and drugz and girlz) lol
You must have been buying a heck of a lot of comics if saving all those nickels helped to fund the other three pursuits.

It snowballed . . . but that's an entirely different story. ;)