• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Incredible Hulk #181 CGC 9.2, X-Men #101 CGC 9.6 WP other CGC books NO RESERVE

21 posts in this topic

Yes we are nuts and we look forward to the vultures feasting on picking the maggots from our rotting bones. Now that we've left you with that appetizing mental picture at dinner time, we've just listed a cache of CGC books with no reserve. High bid takes the book plain and simple. Good luck to all and here they are!

X-MEN 106 CGC 9.6 OLD VS NEW X-MEN; OLD HOLDER, NR! link

UNCANNY X-MEN 116 CGC 9.6 KA-ZAR APP; OLD HOLDER, NR! link

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 7 CGC 8.0 2ND APP THE VULTURE, NR! link

INCREDIBLE HULK 181 CGC 9.2 1ST FULL APP WOLVERINE NR! link

X-MEN 101 CGC 9.6 WP ORIGIN/1ST APP THE PHOENIX, NR! link

Any questions PM I'll be glad to answer as long as they are not requests to end the auction early- that just ain't happenin'!

ok everything has at least one bid some books more than others thus proving that not all comics were created equal... but enough philosophical waning, whining, and waxing after the first day of auctioning here's what we've got so far...

X-MEN 106 CGC 9.6 OLD VS NEW X-MEN; OLD HOLDER, NR! $31.03

UNCANNY X-MEN 116 CGC 9.6 KA-ZAR APP; OLD HOLDER, NR! $19.99 not too many Ka-Zar fans out there I guess!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 7 CGC 8.0 2ND APP THE VULTURE, NR! $260.65

INCREDIBLE HULK 181 CGC 9.2 1ST FULL APP WOLVERINE NR! $830.00

X-MEN 101 CGC 9.6 WP ORIGIN/1ST APP THE PHOENIX, NR! $550.00

and the other three CGC books not related to this group but nonetheless significant in the overall scheme of things...

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 57 CGC 9.4 KA-ZAR & SABU APP! $318.00

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 194 CGC 9.4 1ST APP BLACK CAT! $47.00 where's the Black Cat love???

IRON FIST 14 CGC 9.4 1ST APP SABRETOOTH! $224.72

Use the link in my sig to access all our auctions, or refer to the original post for specific links to the auctions posted. Good luck to all... all shill and thrill bidding is appreciated!

...auction update!...auction update!...as the snow falls in Western Maryland and our windows become buried here's where these auctions stand...

X-MEN 106 CGC 9.6 OLD VS NEW X-MEN; OLD HOLDER, NR! $75.99

UNCANNY X-MEN 116 CGC 9.6 KA-ZAR APP; OLD HOLDER, NR! $42.00 not too many Ka-Zar fans out there I guess!

INCREDIBLE HULK 181 CGC 9.2 1ST FULL APP WOLVERINE NR! $830.00

X-MEN 101 CGC 9.6 WP ORIGIN/1ST APP THE PHOENIX, NR! $560.00

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 57 CGC 9.4 KA-ZAR & SABU APP! $318.00

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 194 CGC 9.4 1ST APP BLACK CAT! $47.00 where's the Black Cat love???

Use the link in my sig to access all our auctions, or refer to the original post for specific links to the auctions posted. Good luck to all... all shill and thrill bidding is appreciated!

well actually the story on that (as I've heard it) is that the Dallas Stephens Collection was not a true CGC pedigree, but rather an additional note that was purchased to be placed on the label by Mile High Comics as a marketing tool. I'm not sure that is factual and I would be open to any of our forumites to supply with the actual info on the Dallas Stephens books. Pedigree or not, it's still a Hulk #181 in 9.2 and would look great in a collection! Speaking of those books there was very little action yesterday but I'm hoping it will pick up in the coming days. The UXM #116 did pick up a bid but that was all.

On another note, we just put up a small dealer's lot last night of 125 Marvel books, mostly late bronze to early copper with a few early bronze and a SA Spidey thrown in. Starting the lot off at $39.99 with no reserve and if a forumite wins, we throw in free domestic shipping or 1/2 price shipping for international customers. Check out the description and a few shots of the better books link

...Start of a new work week... it's Monday and I'm still trying to cope with us not having a PA superbowl... oh well maybe next year! Anyway, here's how the CGC books are shaping up as we draw closer and closer to auction close!

X-MEN 106 CGC 9.6 OLD VS NEW X-MEN; OLD HOLDER, NR! $75.99

UNCANNY X-MEN 116 CGC 9.6 KA-ZAR APP; OLD HOLDER, NR! $52.00 not too many Ka-Zar fans out there I guess!

INCREDIBLE HULK 181 CGC 9.2 1ST FULL APP WOLVERINE NR! $910.25

X-MEN 101 CGC 9.6 WP ORIGIN/1ST APP THE PHOENIX, NR! $611.00

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 57 CGC 9.4 KA-ZAR & SABU APP! $330.00

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 194 CGC 9.4 1ST APP BLACK CAT! $52.05 where's the Black Cat love???

well actually the story on that (as I've heard it) is that the Dallas Stephens Collection was not a true CGC pedigree, but rather an additional note that was purchased to be placed on the label by Mile High Comics as a marketing tool. I'm not sure that is factual and I would be open to any of our forumites to supply with the actual info on the Dallas Stephens books.

My understanding is that the DS collection is just that: a collection, meaning it's comics he bought both as new AND used back issues. A pedigree collection consists of a large set of comics all purchased originally off the newstand and stored by the same owner for a number of years, with none presumably being purchased as back issues.

Joe

Thanks for the clarification on the Dallas Stephens Collection. Very useful information regarding the diff between a pedigree and a collection. Time's running out on a few of the CGC books. These three are ending today!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 57 CGC 9.4 KA-ZAR & SABU APP! $330.00 link

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 194 CGC 9.4 1ST APP BLACK CAT! $52.05 link

IRON FIST 14 CGC 9.4 1ST APP SABRETOOTH! $224.72 link

Shill Shill Shill away! grin.gif

About an hour to go on today's CGC auctions listed above. The ASM #57 CGC 9.4 is now up to $390 (YAY Raymond!). The other two books are still at their previous listed levels, but one can hope for many last minute snipers, yes?

Putting things in perspective, with less than 6 hours to go on these auctions here's where they stand...

X-MEN 106 CGC 9.6 OLD VS NEW X-MEN; OLD HOLDER, NR! $82.99 link

UNCANNY X-MEN 116 CGC 9.6 KA-ZAR APP; OLD HOLDER, NR! $72.31 link

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 7 CGC 8.0 2ND APP THE VULTURE, NR! $696.00 link

INCREDIBLE HULK 181 CGC 9.2 1ST FULL APP WOLVERINE NR! $1107.07 link

X-MEN 101 CGC 9.6 WP ORIGIN/1ST APP THE PHOENIX, NR! $710.00 link

Good luck and thanks for any support!