• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Back by popular demand...Hi-Grade JIMs for your HG JIM sets!

25 posts in this topic

JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY – THOR 85-125

19 books remaining...

PRICES REDUCED FROM PREVIOUS SALES THREAD!

Thought I'd give another go-round of my remaining JIMs...anyone got holes to fill?

Prices are pretty firm with some wiggle room. PMs are welcome but consider any offer below 10% discount not to be considered at this time. Discounts are more attractive to me when purchasing multiple books. (thumbs u

Market value is not an easy number to arrive at IMO for high grade Silver Age Journey Into Mystery as there are relatively few sales transactions to glean information from and 1 book in the last year for GPA does not constitute necessarily market value IMO. I believe my pricing is fair in relation to (a) what I paid for the book; (b) what I think the book is worth in the marketplace and © priced at (in most cases) high value “keeper” copies for collectors after the nicest books for the issue and grade that they can add to their collection. Pretty sure this thread is not for the flippers… :baiting:

As usual, I would love to have some of these books that have been keepers for me up until now go to board friends, fellow collectors and early JIM aficionados in general but of course, anyone successfully winning and purchasing the book can do with it what they will is my attitude with no regrets and no hard feelings on my part moving forward. :headbang:

Grading. In addition to the normal CGC grading/notes I will list my estimation for registration, which I deem of great importance. I believe all of these books grade out as either "P" perfect registration or "NP" near-perfect registration.

Pressing. Assume the 85 issue to be pressed. To the best of my knowledge none of the remaining books have been pressed; but I cannot state for certain either way. Bought them all slabbed except for the 85.

RULES

All board members are eligible for bidding and winning except of course…no Probies, no HOSers, no one on my “LIST” (it’s a short list) and no deadbeats in general. :sumo:

First unequivocal “I’ll take it” :takeit: in thread wins the book. If you post “I’ll take it” with some conditional stipulations, I will do my best to put the book on hold and work things out…but there can be no guarantees against another unequivocal :takeit: in the mean time. I’m happy to put a book on hold while we work on the details…time willing... :wishluck:

Payment: Paypal, Money Order, Cashiers Check or Cash. Payment is expected within 7 days of purchase (received) unless other arrangements are made.

Time Payments: I am open to time-payments…especially if I know you. In most cases, time payment durations will be 90 days with a 50% down payment, unless, of course, other arrangements are made and settled on. If we enter into a transaction and you decide at some later date that you want to back out of the transaction, I will keep the down payment and move on…no hard feelings. If for some reason you need to extend the agreed-upon time-frame due to personal circumstances, I am flexible and very easy to deal with.

Shipping:

USA. Included in purchase price…USPS Priority Box Insured with tracking.

Canada. As per USA plus $10 for one book. Exact shipping minus USA cost for multiple books. Insurance extra.

Elsewhere. Exact shipping minus $20 bucks. Insurance extra.

ASK PRICES

85 $899 or best offer! Book on the upswing. Last GPA blue label 8.5 sale Nov 2014 $3346!

93 $399

98 $399

100 $449

101 $399

105 $399

107 $349

108 $699

110 $299

112 $1299 freshly re-holdered in a shiny new CGC case!

115 $449

116 $249

117 $199

118 $399

121 $199

122 $199

123 $249

124 $349

125 $249

JIM 85 CGC 8.5 OWW RESTORED

First Loki appearance/First Loki cover.

CGC Notes: Restoration includes: small amount of color touch on cover, tear seal to cover. (ALL 3 EDGES TRIMMED)

ASK PRICE $999 OR BEST OFFER!

First up...not sure if this is termed a Key or Semi-Key these days... (shrug)

On it's way back from CGC as we speak...I only have front cover raw scan at present...trimmed 3 sides but it's a beauty...has looked fantastic in a mylar in the years I've owned it and many a gasp from people I've shown it to...

JOURNEYINTOMYSTERY85NM-_zps158c0a83.jpg

General price data is approximately $3000 for this book at 8.5 in blue label...

ASK PRICE $899

Book back from CGC...here are the fresh scans...

JIM85CGC85_zpsefb9639a.jpg

JIM85FC_zpsc8f6ab93.jpg

JIM85BC_zpsd078a3b8.jpg