• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Nightcrawler #1 - GRADE IS IN

7 posts in this topic

Thanks again for the help, guys. I've really learned a lot from from the handful of comics you've all looked at for me. My concern on this one is the front cover upper left/back cover upper right. All the color seems like it's there by the naked eye. Pressable?

Nightcrawler #1:

Nightcrawler_1_front-thumb.jpg

High Res: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24670207/comics/Nightcrawler_1_front.jpg

Nightcrawler_1_back-thumb.jpg

High Res: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24670207/comics/Nightcrawler_1_back.jpg

One of my favorite books! I'd give it a 9.2, but I'm actually more concerned about the white spotting that runs across the bottom of the front cover, than the flaws you pointed out. I'm not really sure If or how that would bring the grade down. Looks like a printing defect.

A press would probably help that front upper left corner, but honestly, this book is so cheap you're better off just buying a nicer copy on ebay. 2c

One of my favorite books! I'd give it a 9.2, but I'm actually more concerned about the white spotting that runs across the bottom of the front cover, than the flaws you pointed out. I'm not really sure If or how that would bring the grade down. Looks like a printing defect.

A press would probably help that front upper left corner, but honestly, this book is so cheap you're better off just buying a nicer copy on ebay. 2c

Thanks for the look. I think the flaw on the bottom is a printing defect. The other concern I had was a faint horizontal scratch on the back top, in the green. Again, I think a production issue, but I was concerned it might also affect grade.

Hi all, last call for anyone else that wants to guess the grade!

I am getting this book back today in a batch of 12 that I sent in at the end of January. I had all of the books cleaned and pressed at CCS before grading. I will post the grades this weekend, stay tuned!

I thought the books were going to arrive on Saturday, but they are still in transit. However ... here's the grade and grader notes from the CGC website:

WHITE PAGES

Notes: None

Nice job Point Five!