• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silk appreciation thread - ongoing series

669 posts in this topic

I’ve just read my ASM #4 and found if thoroughly bad. Guys, what do you like about this story?

The whole "Original Sin" is an all-time low in poorness and stupidity, but even this specific idea does not make any sense to me, even in chronological terms. When Silk was supposed to get bitten by the spider? The same day as Peter? Then she should be a mature woman, maybe younger than Peter but surely not a young girl.

And the dialogue is pretty embarassing as well, aside from the fact nothing makes sense of what has been done with Spidey in many years, but that’s another matter…

How many characters origins have we seen re-tweeked over the years...

I’ve just read my ASM #4 and found if thoroughly bad. Guys, what do you like about this story?

The whole "Original Sin" is an all-time low in poorness and stupidity, but even this specific idea does not make any sense to me, even in chronological terms. When Silk was supposed to get bitten by the spider? The same day as Peter? Then she should be a mature woman, maybe younger than Peter but surely not a young girl.

And the dialogue is pretty embarassing as well, aside from the fact nothing makes sense of what has been done with Spidey in many years, but that’s another matter…

How many characters origins have we seen re-tweeked over the years...

Too many.

Especially in a case like this, where the editorial powers that be at Marvel should really regard Spider-Man's origin as untouchable.

Let's have some original creations and thoughts, Marvel. We don't need six different derivatives of characters like Hulk and Spidey.

Was at Mega-Con over the weekend. Spider-Gwen was all over the place in abundance and prices were all over the place as well. Silk on the other hand was pretty much sold (variants) out at every booth I went to. I did snag the only ComicsPro variant I saw there for a decent price.

:hi:

What's up dude ? When you say Spider-Gwen was everywhere do you mean books or cos-players ?

Comics.

But now that you say that, I saw equal parts Gwen and Silk cosplayers. I might add the silk cosplayers were mighty fine.

:hi:

What's up dude ? When you say Spider-Gwen was everywhere do you mean books or cos-players ?

Comics.

But now that you say that, I saw equal parts Gwen and Silk cosplayers. I might add the silk cosplayers were mighty fine.

pics or it didn't happen

So, I just bought Silk #2 Phantom 300 tribute sketch, and phantom 301 tribute. Do we know the full print run on #2? I know #1 print runs are usually way bigger than the following books.

Ideas?

Same here... LCS said it's coming next week.

wow, still not out...maybe they're having trouble with that CAT FIGHT cover.

Now I'm seeing April 29th...that's almost 2 months since issue 2...they trying to kill this comic?