• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silk appreciation thread - ongoing series

669 posts in this topic

i think there's another issue in a couple weeks, in order to catch up....she seems almost out of the mainstream Marvel universe....interested to see someone else's take on her in Secret Wars.

That can be said for just about every character in the MU pre, during, and after SW. Its a shoot, Marvel is rolling 20 sided dice and mixing and mashing who lives and who dies. Are we supposed to be giving Marvel kudos for creativity and originality about it all? I for one am giving them a one handed hand clap. Let them blow up and alienate all their fan base over 20. I'm about done with picking up new Marvel books.

i think there's another issue in a couple weeks, in order to catch up....she seems almost out of the mainstream Marvel universe....interested to see someone else's take on her in Secret Wars.

That can be said for just about every character in the MU pre, during, and after SW. Its a shoot, Marvel is rolling 20 sided dice and mixing and mashing who lives and who dies. Are we supposed to be giving Marvel kudos for creativity and originality about it all? I for one am giving them a one handed hand clap. Let them blow up and alienate all their fan base over 20. I'm about done with picking up new Marvel books.

So, you didn't like Silk 3? ;)

that's the thing about Silk, it's the potential of Silk the character that has me interested, not necessarily her present comic run. I did like the story though but it does seem it's drawn for teens or tweens.

Probably a good thing it's seemingly marketed for younger people or they'd have eventually have her in a fling with Black Cat

Probably a good It is a terrible thing it's seemingly marketed for younger people or they'd have as they could eventually have her in a fling with Black Cat

Fixed that for you. lol

Really disappointed with this one. The art is way too cartoony. The story has been ok but not one that makes me want to keep reading it. Next...

Finally read the current issue and came here to post exactly this. I think the writing is actually pretty good but I can not enjoy it with the art. She looks like she is still in middle school. Heck, even the Black Cat looked young. I don't mind them toning down the physical features of the characters but at least make them look normal. Especially considering how she acts in the Spidey title.

Really disappointed with this one. The art is way too cartoony. The story has been ok but not one that makes me want to keep reading it. Next...

Finally read the current issue and came here to post exactly this. I think the writing is actually pretty good but I can not enjoy it with the art. She looks like she is still in middle school. Heck, even the Black Cat looked young. I don't mind them toning down the physical features of the characters but at least make them look normal. Especially considering how she acts in the Spidey title.

I dropped it myself...