• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

36 posts in this topic

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-Four-46-Jan-1966-Marvel-CGC-9-0-OW-WHITE-/351285838566?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item51ca4482e6

The 9.0 was relisted at a lower price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-Four-46-CGC-8-5-OW-1st-Blackbolt-of-the-Inhumans-/121545260844?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1c4ca97f2c&nma=true&si=oM0NXq%252Fe2CyYDUNQ%252FlONgdb3rnI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Your book was relisted.

Both GPA sales of the 9.0 and 8.5 are false.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-Four-46-Jan-1966-Marvel-CGC-9-0-VF-NM-9-0-OW-WHITE-/351277720383?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item51c9c8a33f&nma=true&si=oM0NXq%252Fe2CyYDUNQ%252FlONgdb3rnI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

This one was struck from GPA as shilled. $3000

Some funny goings on with this title - most of the GPA high-prices are false sales.

Oh and for the record, I'm not suggesting in the slightest that gsims is doing anything wrong, just pointing out that 3 of the 'big-money' sales on ebay/GPA are not correct.

Aren't majority high dollar sales on eBay never followed through?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-Four-46-Jan-1966-Marvel-CGC-9-0-OW-WHITE-/351285838566?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item51ca4482e6

The 9.0 was relisted at a lower price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-Four-46-CGC-8-5-OW-1st-Blackbolt-of-the-Inhumans-/121545260844?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1c4ca97f2c&nma=true&si=oM0NXq%252Fe2CyYDUNQ%252FlONgdb3rnI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Your book was relisted.

Both GPA sales of the 9.0 and 8.5 are false.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-Four-46-Jan-1966-Marvel-CGC-9-0-VF-NM-9-0-OW-WHITE-/351277720383?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item51c9c8a33f&nma=true&si=oM0NXq%252Fe2CyYDUNQ%252FlONgdb3rnI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

This one was struck from GPA as shilled. $3000

Some funny goings on with this title - most of the GPA high-prices are false sales.

Oh and for the record, I'm not suggesting in the slightest that gsims is doing anything wrong, just pointing out that 3 of the 'big-money' sales on ebay/GPA are not correct.

Thanks for the epic thread . I did relist my book after sending this message to the buyer. And then decided I would try to the boards and ended my e-bay listing.

Way to PM me an offer and then thread me for some reason Andy.

Capture_zpsf2c667a8.jpg

"I'm not suggesting in the slightest that gsims is doing anything wrong, just pointing out that 3 of the 'big-money' sales on ebay/GPA are not correct"

You are right - I was going to offer you $1000 pending back cover scan.

Then I double checked ebay/GPA.

The sales didn't happen. I never said you were part of some massive conspirancy - just that the sale you quoted for the 9.0 didn't happen.

The 9.0 for $3000 didn't happen.

Your 8.5 (same book) sale is still on GPA and didn't happen.

Again, I am not suggesting you did anything underhand. The fact is, some of the HG sales quoted in GPA are false.

I assume you were unaware?

Seems like you can create a new ebay account and hit buy it now or win an auction then not follow through. Then the sale gets recorded with GPA?
GPA should remove the sale, and state it was relisted at the bottom.

I didn't even know when that guy bought it from me and I relisted i shortly after it showed up on GPA.

Well since this thread has devolved into not being about the book at all I am closing it.

Thanks for completely derailing my thread Andy. I referenced a sale that I saw on GPA for the 9.0, never referenced the shill that bought my book, and referenced a sale in 8.0 that was over 1,000 that you haven't disproven or shown as shilled, so really the only thing shilled was a 9.0.

Seems like you can create a new ebay account and hit buy it now or win an auction then not follow through. Then the sale gets recorded with GPA?

As I have already been 'reported' to the mods I may as well answer :cry:

Yes - it can take a period of time for sales that fall through to be removed from GPA - most cases though it doesn't get picked up. Those sales will probably stay on GPA until George (from GPA) sees this thread or someone lets him know.

There are a lot of people doing this. GPA should put a min on feedback before recording...Sorry about your thread. Try it again.

There are a lot of people doing this. GPA should put a min on feedback before recording...Sorry about your thread. Try it again.

Book sold through PM.

:whee:

If anything I have probably hurt the market for this book in gradeby ending it to list here, listing it back on ebay after this mess, then ending it again. Now there are two unsold listings for it on ebay. lol

Someone reminded me through PM about all the pump and dump schemes Andy has tried pulling over the years by creating threads about how hot books he had a bunch of copies of were.

Ya, I mentioned the same via PM a few hours ago! GPA seems clueless half the time & everyone is basing their prices on the last big sale. Aside from CLink, I think PGX & CBCS sales should also be included. I'm sure there are other sites that don't have their sales accounted for either. There have been a # of occasions where comicconnect sales were missing.

"I'm not suggesting in the slightest that gsims is doing anything wrong, just pointing out that 3 of the 'big-money' sales on ebay/GPA are not correct"

You are right - I was going to offer you $1000 pending back cover scan.

Then I double checked ebay/GPA.

The sales didn't happen. I never said you were part of some massive conspirancy - just that the sale you quoted for the 9.0 didn't happen.

The 9.0 for $3000 didn't happen.

Your 8.5 (same book) sale is still on GPA and didn't happen.

Again, I am not suggesting you did anything underhand. The fact is, some of the HG sales quoted in GPA are false.

I assume you were unaware?

GPA needs to get comic link or something they will start to loss credibility. I know they are on the boards and I do like the site but this eBay manipulation is happening a lot with low feedback shills.

I think it's happening a lot more than we realize. This is not the fault of GPA. How are they suppose to ascertain a good sale from a fraudulent one ?

GPA needs to get comic link or something they will start to loss credibility. I know they are on the boards and I do like the site but this eBay manipulation is happening a lot with low feedback shills.

I think it's happening a lot more than we realize. This is not the fault of GPA. How are they suppose to ascertain a good sale from a fraudulent one ?

Please stop bumping this thread in the sales area and take it to general discussion.