• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: SSM 101 - GRADE IS IN

7 posts in this topic

Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man #101:

I guess this isn't a key issue, but I really like the cover. A 9.8 on eBay sold recently for $70. My concern is the spot on his rump. I've looked at it with a 10x scope and my untrained eye says it's probably a production flaw. I'm only going to send this in if it can possibly pull a 9.8 after a clean and press. The back corners are all there, but will benefit from pressing I am assuming.

What do you think?

SSM_101_front-thumb.jpg

High Res: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24670207/comics/SSM_101_front.jpg

SSM_101_back-thumb.jpg

High Res: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24670207/comics/SSM_101_back.jpg

I do not know too much about what a cleaning will do but that is a hard grade for a book with so much black ink. It might make the spot look worse. There is a stain on the price box. Although the corners look crisp they roll a bit. The staple pops too.

9.8? maybe. Definitely a 9.4 to 9.6 though. Good Luck!

Not sure how the top staple will impact grade. I didn't notice it until H0RR0RSH0W mentioned it.

I didn't notice it either. But I checked it out after H0RR0RSH0W commented on it (thanks, btw). The staple is loose and can be pushed in flat. Good, bad, or indifferent ... I don't know. (shrug)

Hi all, last call for anyone else that wants to guess the grade!

I am getting this book back today in a batch of 12 that I sent in at the end of January. I had all of the books cleaned and pressed at CCS before grading. I will post the grades this weekend, stay tuned!

I thought the books were going to arrive on Saturday, but they are still in transit. However ... here's the grade and grader notes from the CGC website:

WHITE PAGES

Notes: None