• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic-themed furniture

23 posts in this topic

It's actually a really easy project. Took about 3 hours total (the frames didn't need painted) for all 3. It's more tedious than anything. 4 screws to take off the seat portion, about 40 minutes each to pull all the staples loose with a flathead screwdriver, a mallet & some pliers to take off the existing fabric. And then about 10 minutes each to recover them & staple the new fabric in place, and screw them back onto the frames. Easy evening/afternoon job. And if you blow $10 on an upholstery staple remover, it's probably a lot faster/easier with taking off the old fabric. JoAnne Fabrics was having a 60% off sale on the fabric, so I just grabbed the thickest that I could find that I liked, as I couldn't find any actual upholstery fabric that had a cool print on it. So the fabric cost about $13.