• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bonus Nedor Thrilling Comics Added - 5 Book GA Auction - Closes in 12 Hours!

31 posts in this topic

In light of the debacle that was the Green Bay Packers collapse I thought I would pay homage with an ignominious auction attempt - and, yep - they are low grade, undesirable but you can still bring them home just like the high-flying Seahawks did :cry:

Let's just say average Fair grade but they are all complete and no brittleness to the pages. I won't go in detail of all the nicks, dents, stains, and bends. Unless otherwise noted, no large missing pieces or chunks and the cover and CF are attached.

Scans/description in the next post but here are the books are:

Single Series #15 (How It Began)

True Comics #28

Famous Funnies #91

Sport Stars #2

Fight Comics #81 (Canadian Edition)

BIN is $50

Bidding starts at $10

Auction will end Wednesday, January 21st at 1 p.m. CST.

Rules:

* You can BIN until auction close.

* Bids in increments of $1.

* No editing of posts unless we agree via PM.

* Timestamp on post will be honored.

* Payment is expected within two days of deal. Payment via Paypal.

* Shipping in the US is via USPS Double-Boxed priority mail only and will be $10. International will be at cost and we can discuss options - no fudging on the invoice for customs. Shipment will be made no more than 2 business days after payment - most likely that day or the next day and I will send a tracking number.

* No HOS or Probies - please take care of your prior issues first.

* Enjoy and if I missed something, let me know :)

* And by all means, root against Seattle :D

Thanks

Jeff

Single Series #15 (How It Began) - In case there is interest, OSPG 2.0 = $34 but throw out the guide.

Why it's cool - heck it is from 1938 and has a jester on the cover with an enormous feather. Still barely attached at staples. It is really has some neat stories about the beginnings/origins of a plethora of topics in short two-three panel strips.

Why it's not cool - self-explanatory.

Still barely attached at staples.

1036-1.jpg

1037.jpg

True Comics #28 OSPG 2.0 = $9

Why it's cool - it has the origin of Uncle Sam and is from the midst of the WWII era published in 1943.

Why it's not cool - Who wants truth in comics.

Barely attached at staples and has moisture although pages are supple.

1038.jpg

1039.jpg

Sport Stars #2 OSPG 2.0 = $26

Why it's cool - most of the book is real photos and text stories of sports stars - just like a Sports Illustrated but this is from 1946. All kinds of sports heroes inside. And the back ad for RC Cola - who knew R.C. had a side-kick named "Quickie" - the ad alone is worth having this book.

Why it's not - okay, since I'm a sports and comics guy, I really can't find a reason it's not cool (shrug)

Still barely attached at staples.

1042.jpg

1043.jpg

Famous Funnies #91 OSPG 2.0 = $15

Why it's cool - who doesn't like seeing some man pain being inflicted on a poor guy - the sun and king sure do. It has a Buck Rogers story and a cool Fearless Flint, the Famous Flint Man, story. And probably best of all it has a prototype of this SA character...

Invisible Woman with the Invisible Scarlet O'Neil - one of stories is in this issue :insane:

Why it's not cool - is it really that Famous of a title (shrug)

Barely attached at bottom staple and one page does have a piece out - doesn't affect any dialog of the story. Picture below.

1040.jpg

1041-1.jpg

1044.jpg

Fight Comics #81 (Canadian edition) OSPG for US version = $19

Why it's cool - it has a Maurice Whitman cover with the last Jungle cover. And who doesn't like seeing Tiger Girl bound upside down tied to a tree :cloud9:

Why it's not cool - Even with the cool covers, most Fiction House stories are :sick:

Really clean whitish pages. Back cover does have a 2" tear at bottom. Still attached at staples.

1045.jpg

1046.jpg

Why it's cool - it has the origin of Uncle Sam and is from the midst of the WWII era published in 1943.

1038.jpg

1039.jpg

:takeit:

1038.jpg

1039.jpg

Are you taking the lot? This is an auction for the entire lot of 5 with a BIN of $50?

Until I hear, consider the auction still on with a current high bid of $21.

Ok - confirmed with Intrepidxc that he didn't realize this was an auction for the entire 5 book lot so bidding/BIN still open and I will use this as 30 hour bumpage.

:news:Closes tomorrow (Wednesday, 1-21-15) at 1 p.m. CST. :news:

auction.png