• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Venture Bros on Adult Swim
1 1

67 posts in this topic

Venture Bros. One-Hour Special

--------------------

The Venture Bros. (TOON) Tuesday, 12 a.m. - "All This and Gargantua-2"

One-hour special! - At this point, we haven't seen a new episode of The Venture Bros. in a year-and-a-half, and though we heard some time ago that season six would arrive by early 2015, that doesn't seem to be the case. The last time we had to wait for a new season of the show, the wait was more than three years, and while we probably shouldn't start dwelling on a repeat of that particular scenario this time around, we still have to accept that the wait is long, and that it'll be longer before a new season hits. Just as they did in the interim between seasons four and five, though, creators Doc Hammer and Jackson Publick have decided to make the wait a little easier with a brand new one-hour special, which will hit at midnight EST Tuesday (to be clear, that's the midnight between Monday and Tuesday, not Tuesday and Wednesday). Check out a preview below.

--------------------

Last night, AS started over showing the Venture Brothers show from the 1st episode, and I noticed something - at one point, The Monarch & Dr. Girlfriend are in bed, talking about Hank & Dean (as the boys had been kidnapped by The Monarch's henchmen) and there was a side-shot of the two lovers talking to each other... and you can notice a small protuberance in Dr. Girlfriend's throat, right where a man's Adam's Apple would be.

I never noticed that before... so, not only do we have the NJ-cabbie-that-smokes-3-packs-of-cigarettes-a-day voice, but the Adam's Apple.

hm:banana: :lol:

-slym

Last night, AS started over showing the Venture Brothers show from the 1st episode, and I noticed something - at one point, The Monarch & Dr. Girlfriend are in bed, talking about Hank & Dean (as the boys had been kidnapped by The Monarch's henchmen) and there was a side-shot of the two lovers talking to each other... and you can notice a small protuberance in Dr. Girlfriend's throat, right where a man's Adam's Apple would be.

I never noticed that before... so, not only do we have the NJ-cabbie-that-smokes-3-packs-of-cigarettes-a-day voice, but the Adam's Apple.

hm:banana: :lol:

-slym

This was still early on before the creators decided if they we're going to have Dr. Girlfriend be a woman who was once a man or if she just has a really raspy voice. Clearly they went with the latter idea.