• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When will the VARIANT COVER bubble burst

51 posts in this topic

The bubble will burst the same time as the WD bubble bursts.

:popcorn:

:whee: you heard it right here....they will last forever :cloud9:

Edit: :fear: oh man.....sorry didn't know I was in CG.....

I mean no harm :foryou:

Have mercy..... The WD sucks....I'll be going now.......

Ah... hopefully that is all it is. I only want two copies... maybe three.

:lol:

Thanks, JL!

NEW INFORMATION: All hot topic stores were told to hold the Star Wars Hot Topic Variants due to a Funko Pop advertisment that isn't supposed to be seen by the general public yet.

No word as of yet for when the books will be released.

Thanks again!

:)

-slym

Just don't buy them...?

(shrug)

It's not that simple.

If you are a completionist, I get it.

It happens to me too...

If not, why isn't it?

People are freaking out about the Star Wars covers, but who cares? Just don't get them. If they don't sell, Marvel gets the point.

But they do sell. Because most collectors love them.

Its not about punishing them for inflating the market, its about sustaining the market without inflation. Thats what happened in the 90s, Im sure people said back then, whats wrong with printing millions of X-Men #1, well inflation makes collectors lose interest real fast. The fact that it didnt happen yet is because we didnt see anything quite like a 100 variants for one book, that's exactly why I was curious to hear peoples opinion on this, I have nothing against variants, I really don't, but in all honesty I didnt buy any of the SW variants because it seemed to me like theres just too many - it didnt seem rare or collectible to me and definitely more of a gamble as an investment. I almost bought an Alex Ross when in Midtown but then I saw their wall of Star Wars comics and said "what the heck was I thinking??"

This past Thursday I went to the LCS & the regular versions of ASM 12 & 13 were sold out :censored: - I had three choices for issue 13 ranging from $10 to $25 & only a $25 option for issue 12.

I limit my variant buying by restricting it to ASM only & there's no completionist aspect to my variant pick ups, it's just the ones I like..none of the ones I saw blew me away & the completionist in me would still need a regular version anyways down the road.

I was pretty bad prior to issue 700 & grabbed quite a few variants, second prints etc.....I knew it was a waste of dough & wanted to stop so I did completely for Superior & only grabbed one Martin variant for the latest issue 1 reboot.

I almost slipped on Thursday but now I think I can say I'm cured when I say I missed the last two issues of ASM. :grin:

This past Thursday I went to the LCS & the regular versions of ASM 12 & 13 were sold out :censored: - I had three choices for issue 13 ranging from $10 to $25 & only a $25 option for issue 12.

I limit my variant buying by restricting it to ASM only & there's no completionist aspect to my variant pick ups, it's just the ones I like..none of the ones I saw blew me away & the completionist in me would still need a regular version anyways down the road.

I was pretty bad prior to issue 700 & grabbed quite a few variants, second prints etc.....I knew it was a waste of dough & wanted to stop so I did completely for Superior & only grabbed one Martin variant for the latest issue 1 reboot.

I almost slipped on Thursday but now I think I can say I'm cured when I say I missed the last two issues of ASM. :grin:

Why wouldnt you purchase them online if your LCS ran out? Just curious

I know when I go to my LCSs I am already in "buy mode" so I can understand the pressure lol but if you are a regular reader of the title and want to avoid spending more money, just either get them to your pull or purchase online, no?

Either way - PROUD OF YA ;)

I don't want the bubble to burst I want a freaking explosion

I want people trading 100 variants for a copy of Youngblood #2

Why wouldnt you purchase them online if your LCS ran out? Just curious

I know when I go to my LCSs I am already in "buy mode" so I can understand the pressure lol but if you are a regular reader of the title and want to avoid spending more money, just either get them to your pull or purchase online, no?

Either way - PROUD OF YA ;)

I have a few other stores to check, I've been a gypsy walk-in buyer at 3 or 4 stores but we just lost one in the area so I may go back to a pull list - I stopped it a few years ago to downsize it.

I'm not in a big rush, haven't read further than the first arc anyways. :P