• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Treasure Chest v18 #1 (Copy B)

15 posts in this topic

In this issue starts the wonderful life of Pope John XXIII by a young Joe Sinnott (which temporarily gave up Stan Lee's offer to become the official inker on the Fantastic Four – after his great job on FF#5 – to complete this story and respect the commitment).

This one should be my keeper copy for now, I am just undecided about the dust shadows. Staples are firmly attached, not much to add aside from what you see in the scans.

Images can be clicked to access larger versions.

Thanks so much as usual! (thumbs u

bCVa2Rhh.jpg

AFgUtBzh.jpg

On your request, here we go :)

Front cover:

Obviously some slightly blunted corners, the top spine corner and the bottom edge have some tiny water marks, the bottom edge shows a little bump near the center, several spine creases both vertical and parallel, little more stress around the staples, the lower right corner shows a tiny crease (with a tiny chip starting to tear) and a little bit of dirt, the right edge has one tiny and one little larger tear. Overall a good looking cover.

Back cover:

Same level of blunted corners, lower right corner has a small crease, some chipping around the bottom edge, something that looks like a small tear with a parallel crease in the center of the bottom edge, minor spine stress on this side of the book, there seems to be a small dent at the top left corner, about 1 inch printer crease at the left edge lower half and something that looks like another smaller one above it.

For a 1962 book this one still looks very nice. It has an average number of defects, but none of them are major. My guess will be at least 6.5 leaning towards 7.0.

Thanks… more in line with a 6.0 as I know CGC is very severe with dust shadows. :)

You're welcome :)

Dust shadows? Does that mean what I think it means.. dust that has been lying on the book while there was (sun)light for a period of time leaving certain area's lighter?

I mean, the cover of this book is supposed to be White, but like Fantastic Four #1 is more than often tan to brown… lol

I am pretty satisfied with this copy, although I would love to find one with an immaculate cover. :)

Here’s my other copy: spine is ugly but it did not have the dust shadows… hm

LxOEV1oh.jpg