• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Treasure Chest v18 #2 (Copy C)

23 posts in this topic

Of course back then, there were dealers that priced everything at mint prices, no matter how beat up the comic was.

This sounds very much like Italy from the 1960s up today! lol

Same for the Netherlands.. you still find ripped books here listed as "like new". Most Dutchies have no clue what "condition" means, let alone have ever heard of grading. Once a package I received was labeled as containing the metal "bronze" by Dutch customs because the custom slip described "Bronze Age Comics". To give an idea about how far comics knowledge goes here ;)

Well "Bronze" is strictly an american comic books history term – I would not expect other countries' dealers and collectors to know it either.

Professional grading is one of the reasons for which I have enjoyed getting back to comic book collecting: in fact I am applying it to italian comics and I hope we arrive to something here too. :)