• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM #42

11 posts in this topic

you have alot going on with the front cover from what I can see.

wear and color loss on the botom spine corner F.C.

the bottom edge F.C. has alot of flecks and a small thumb crease.

lower right corner F.C. has some creases and what looks like a light bend.

the spine in the middle of the F.C. has quite a bit of creasing.

you have alot going on with the front cover from what I can see.

wear and color loss on the botom spine corner F.C.

the bottom edge F.C. has alot of flecks and a small thumb crease.

lower right corner F.C. has some creases and what looks like a light bend.

the spine in the middle of the F.C. has quite a bit of creasing.

+1

Thank you all for sharing your findings. I enjoyed reading the detailed findings which is a good lesson for my "grading" skills. Most of them are inline with my findings. For you as well I guess SeriousComic ;) Thank you for that!

Hmmm 7.0... too bad. I got this one also from eBay. Again it was listed as being 9.8. I didn't believe that either so based on the photo's I determined it to be a 9.2 max. Also still a very nice book to see in real, but also in this case the #41 has a nicer eye-appeal.

I personally find the amount of spine creases on this book the most disturbing, but than again... it is a dark cover silver age for which it is known to be very hard to find with unaffected color breaks.

Hmmm 7.0... too bad. I got this one also from eBay. Again it was listed as being 9.8. .

I'd like to know what seller listed this as a 9.8. doh!

I would also wonder if they provided scans. Don't think we're trying to trash your book, but we call them like we see them. If I were you I would definatley visit the grading forum and try and learn a bit.

Also, picking up a grading guide is a good tool to use for comparison.

Dr.X, no worries. I appreciate the honesty of all of you so just continue calling them as you see them :)

Even books about grading are hard to find here in NL. But I did found one, bought it and read the latest grading guide from Overstreet last Saturday. But as the book mentioned.. grading skills comes with experience and second opinions is a good way to get started.

I'll post some more comics in the coming period just out of curiosity :)

PS. I don't find it appropriate to mention eBay sellers here. Especially since most sellers on eBay grade their books too high (my personal experience). No need to sentence only one to the pillory ;)