• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: The New Mutants #98

14 posts in this topic

I purchased a decent size collection over the weekend and this was in it. I think this book alone will be enough to pay for nearly the whole purchase. There is more, including many certified autographed copies of various titles in sealed bags. That's new territory for me as I've never owned any autographed books, but I think there are some pretty good ones in there. Stay tuned...

The New Mutants, #98

The FCLR is all there, just needs a little pressing I think.

NewMutants_98_front-thumb.jpg

High Res: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24670207/comics/NewMutants_98_front.jpg

NewMutants_98_back-thumb.jpg

High Res: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24670207/comics/NewMutants_98_back.jpg

Looks pretty nice aside from a few spine ticks, a color break near the left of the M in Mutants on the FC and below the Punishers gun on the back. If those hold true, probably close to 8.5. If that is due to something on the scanner, considerably higher.

These should be printing-related, and thus considered as production flaws.

It is always hard to grade this book from scans, but it appears close to the NM range.

Appreciate the quick feedback, guys. Very good catches. I got out my 10x scope and checked out the scratch on the front cover by the 'M'. Turns out that I probably didn't really need the scope because you can actually feel an edge to that line. It doesn't go all the way through the front cover, but it seems that blazin is right. The back either looks like something from production or a rub, I can't tell. There is no edge to that line that I can feel.

I just realized that I misinterpreted blazin's first comment. I was looking on the back side at the horizontal black line on the skull and under the gun in Punisher's left hand. I just looked at the VERTICAL scratch at the lower back cover lower left and it's not like the front. I can't feel any depth to it.

Even at an 8.0, it seems that this is a book that I could go either way on and leave raw or send it in to CGC. Any thoughts? What would you guys do?