• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VCC This Weekend!

120 posts in this topic

I'm on the hunt for 90's comics as always, hoping to see some runs to fill in a few voids

Then there is the early 80's -90's Xmen and Spiderman's that I love to see

I also love the varied independents like Dark Horse and Cerebus.

VCC is a lot of fun.

Would like to see more slabs though. Last few times, there weren't much that I noticed.

Problem is slabs never do well at the VCC. A couple big ticket books get sold but very few. High grade raw books are king.

adding something special just for you, gonna be pricey tho.

I'm on the hunt for 90's comics as always, hoping to see some runs to fill in a few voids

Then there is the early 80's -90's Xmen and Spiderman's that I love to see

I also love the varied independents like Dark Horse and Cerebus.

VCC is a lot of fun.

Would like to see more slabs though. Last few times, there weren't much that I noticed.

Problem is slabs never do well at the VCC. A couple big ticket books get sold but very few. High grade raw books are king.

adding something special just for you, gonna be pricey tho.

I always get the left overs at your booth even though I put in my buys the minute the con opens. People have their offers set to go in the second noon hits. Here is to better luck this year.

I will be putting the thread up Friday, February 6, at 11 PM EST. I do hope people can join us this weekend - supposed to be snowy on the East Coast again....stay inside and buy some comics!

I will be putting the thread up Friday, February 7, at 11 PM EST. I do hope people can join us this weekend - supposed to be snowy on the East Coast again....stay inside and buy some comics!

Friday is the 6th :gossip: knew because i had to negotiate w/ my son for an early birthday dinner so i could set up before we cut the cake.

so - any advice for a new VC seller with regards to what moderns may be desirable???

My basic booth is almost complete - but I want to make sure I get as much "desirable" stock up there as I can - that will be of interest to the board in general - without clogging up the page with stuff that will never sell.

From a generic standpoint - "x-series, wolverine, walking dead, avengers, cap, deadpool" - all can do well at a local show - but from what I have seen, the tastes of the board do not always match the masses. The board is more particular - not a bad thing.

Another question - I have looked over some past VCC "tables" - it does look like many people do have a section where they just list books - and publish scans upon request. While this will save space- does it really work for you?

Now - I am talking about books that would have a price of $5 or under - not higher end items ... I have no issues with scanning - but a quick list of $1, $2, $3 books with a lot of inventory -(like 200+) vs a smaller list (30) with scans - what would you rather see as a buyer????

thx

dave

can someone link me to the directions on how to make the small button pictures?

hey -sorry at work so cant post how to pics (only other links) - but I have found that photobucket is pretty easy for this -

http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/200724324-Linking-and-Embedding-Images

is the simple way for one photo (use the thumbnail links)

But a quick way to process many - make a new library folder. Bulk upload the batch you want to process (say if you have a section of $10 books - do all of these at once) -

Then -- you need to be the the "library" folder with all the images you want to upload.

make sure you have "organize" selected (appears at the top near the menu choices) -

Order by filename - then select all of the images.

At the very bottom of the page - is a pick called link. Select the field that says IMG Thumb (image thumbnail links). This will generate a full list of thumbnail links for every book you have selected - example below-----

th_x-man-93.jpg

th_x-man-93_1.jpg

IMPORTANT - for photobucket to work properly - your image names CANNOT have spaces. This throws off the thumbnails. so avengers122.jpg would work fine- but avengers 122.jpg would cause issues.

hey -sorry at work so cant post how to pics (only other links) - but I have found that photobucket is pretty easy for this -

http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/200724324-Linking-and-Embedding-Images

is the simple way for one photo (use the thumbnail links)

But a quick way to process many - make a new library folder. Bulk upload the batch you want to process (say if you have a section of $10 books - do all of these at once) -

Then -- you need to be the the "library" folder with all the images you want to upload.

make sure you have "organize" selected (appears at the top near the menu choices) -

Order by filename - then select all of the images.

At the very bottom of the page - is a pick called link. Select the field that says IMG Thumb (image thumbnail links). This will generate a full list of thumbnail links for every book you have selected - example below-----

th_x-man-93.jpg

th_x-man-93_1.jpg

IMPORTANT - for photobucket to work properly - your image names CANNOT have spaces. This throws off the thumbnails. so avengers122.jpg would work fine- but avengers 122.jpg would cause issues.

thanks!

At the risk of being looked down upon, what's the difference between the VCC and the regular for sale forums?

Valid question. Other then having a large group of people selling in one thread there really is no difference then a typical group of sale threads. Its pretty convenient in terms of buying books since there will be a ton of books up for sale in one spot.

At the risk of being looked down upon, what's the difference between the VCC and the regular for sale forums?

Valid question. Other then having a large group of people selling in one thread there really is no difference then a typical group of for sale threads. Its pretty convenient in terms of buying books since there will be a ton of books up for sale in one spot.

i believe you are forgetting that: sharon bakes chocolate chips cookies for all booth vendors and greggy is either deified or roasted by all.

Valid question. Other then having a large group of people selling in one thread there really is no difference then a typical group of for sale threads. Its pretty convenient in terms of buying books since there will be a ton of books up for sale in one spot.

i believe you are forgetting that: sharon bakes chocolate chips cookies for all booth vendors and greggy is either deified or roasted by all.

Maybe back in the good old days. It use to be hourly updates on how much Greggy sold. Nap updates. Them where the days.

I thought greggy was roasted anyway???? (kidding) -

IMO - the thread list is also organized somewhat differently. The VCC "hall" will have one thread - with a single post by each seller. All contact through PM- and sellers can update their own individual post if they need (mark items as sold, add items, etc).

To me - I like the VCC better than a thread with multiple replies for selling a LOT of items. I look over some of the other larger sales threads - and they have a LOT of posts. The sellers do a lot to update people and keep things as clean as they can - but it is a lot of jumping back and forth so see if something is sold- then finding the link to the image of the books, etc.

VCC style - the seller does need to keep an eye on things since a buyer cant simply post an :takeit: in the thread.

The Search function works better when you've only gotta do the CTRL+F instead of hoping that the site's search function actually works for you that time.

The buying experience is so much better during the VCC. No scanning through endless pages of theads or hitting refresh trying to get books. You can just browse and grab what you want.

From the seller perspective it's a fun time and it helps me get organized by forcing me to scan a lot of books I'm going to eventually sell...at the VCC or afterwards. It's like when you clean up your house before company comes over. :)

But there are deals to be had, specials run, etc. it's a fun time!