• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Magazines and Overstreet prices...

32 posts in this topic

Nightmare, Psycho and Scream increased from last years guide by $10.

Not what they are realistically now selling for in 9.0/9.2 range on ebay, but it's a start. grin.gif

I'm at work at the moment so I'll check on the Eerie Pub. prices tonight!

Not what they are realistically now selling for in 9.0/9.2 range on ebay, but it's a start. grin.gif

Regarding what they are selling for in the 9.0/9.2 range on eBay is a completely different story.. wink.gif

You have people who think just because a book has been stored in a magazine bag for the last 20 years that it is a Near Mint! And you have those who think all others are Very Fines. I actually have yet to see a higher than VF/NM copy of Psycho #1 or Nightmare #1 on eBay within the last 1.5 years. And I am an avid searcher. Have you seen one Jay? I may have missed a few.

As for the pricing, I'm sure that is at least what Sulipa was getting for his Manitoba copies. And I'm sure that is what they brought in at a couple shows. Of course new prices for the year are recorded and averaged from the reporting pool of dealers Nationwide right?

-bounty

Regarding what they are selling for in the 9.0/9.2 range on eBay is a completely different story.. wink.gif

You have people who think just because a book has been stored in a magazine bag for the last 20 years that it is a Near Mint! And you have those who think all others are Very Fines. I actually have yet to see a higher than VF/NM copy of Psycho #1 or Nightmare #1 on eBay within the last 1.5 years. And I am an avid searcher. Have you seen one Jay? I may have missed a few.

As for the pricing, I'm sure that is at least what Sulipa was getting for his Manitoba copies. And I'm sure that is what they brought in at a couple shows. Of course new prices for the year are recorded and averaged from the reporting pool of dealers Nationwide right?

-bounty

Bounty, what I was reffering to was the Skywalds (CGC'ed) that sold for multiple of guide on ebay, ie. Nightmare #6 CGC 9.2 for $102.50. I can't vouch for shows either.I missed bidding on a Nightmare # 2 listed at NM about 9 months ago that sold for $60. frustrated.gif The seller I bought my Psycho # 13 from that I recently posted seemed to be pretty acurate on the grade of VF+ and I would say it might be a 9.0.

Terror Tales v1 #7 = $65.

Terror Tales v1 #8 = $42.

Tales of Voodoo v1 #11 = $60.

Tales of Voodoo v2 #1 = $42.

Now get out of my crawlspace and buy a dam guide! grin.gifpoke2.gif

By the way that Terror Tales v1 #8 with the giant dude eating women to the bone cover is GROSSLY undervalued. I cannot believe that OSPG has that nearly 33% cheaper than the first issue poke2.gif....Ludicrousy I tell you Ludicrousy!!!! sign-rantpost.gif

b confused-smiley-013.gifunty

You're preechin' to the choir, brother! angel.gif

By the way that Terror Tales v1 #8 with the giant dude eating women to the bone cover is GROSSLY undervalued. I cannot believe that OSPG has that nearly 33% cheaper than the first issue poke2.gif....Ludicrousy I tell you Ludicrousy!!!! sign-rantpost.gif

b confused-smiley-013.gifunty

You're preechin' to the choir, brother! angel.gif

sorry.gif

Byrne-in' a big $75 at 9.2 stooges.gif

tonofbricks.gif

...Why the tonofbricks.gif?

I think that the market knows a little more than following the "Over-Hyped" Price Guide 27_laughing.gif

Check this out: popcorn.gifNightmare mag. #20, Ist pro John Byrne art, 8/74 VF 8.0 -- $68.67

A veryfine 8.0 getting just about NM 9.2 Value? Truly shows the chasm between guide and market on certain scarcer magazines.

-bounty

Byrne-in' a big $75 at 9.2 stooges.gif

tonofbricks.gif

...Why the tonofbricks.gif?

I think that the market knows a little more than following the "Over-Hyped" Price Guide 27_laughing.gif

Check this out: popcorn.gifNightmare mag. #20, Ist pro John Byrne art, 8/74 VF 8.0 -- $68.67

A veryfine 8.0 getting just about NM 9.2 Value? Truly shows the chasm between guide and market on certain scarcer magazines.

-bounty

Love the book. It's one of the gems of my Byrne collection.

Just thought the guide price was a little low considering the book contains his 1st professional work. confused-smiley-013.gif

BTW- Didn't someone here just get back another copy from CGC? I remember someone saying that there copy was in quality control...and that was a few weeks ago.