• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM X-Men 101 - First appearance of Pheonix

10 posts in this topic

9.0 (primarily due to what looks like a scratch in the "Marvel Comics Group" bar). If not a scratch, then perhaps 9.2/9.4. (thumbs u

Looks like a small color break. Nice catch. Still better than 9.0 IMO though. Stain on the back looks like light ink transfer. I do not think that would affect the grade. Holding my ground at 9.4 and not just because I have a thing for angry redheads.

Not the ink transfer on the back. The top left corner of the front has a small stain. Not sure how that would effect the grade, just seems to be something that is brought up often.

Yes that looks like a very small moisture stain to the upper spine corner. I think the bigger factor is the more noticeable blotchy areas on the BC. If that is a stack transfer stain I think it is probably enough to keep below 9.0 . If it is coming from the image printed on the inside of the BC I think there would be a better shot for a 9.2

Thanks for the comments everyone... I've reviewed the copy in hand again to add commentary on what has been noted thus far.

9.0 (primarily due to what looks like a scratch in the "Marvel Comics Group" bar). If not a scratch, then perhaps 9.2/9.4. (thumbs u

Looks like a small color break. Nice catch. Still better than 9.0 IMO though. Stain on the back looks like light ink transfer. I do not think that would affect the grade. Holding my ground at 9.4 and not just because I have a thing for angry redheads.

Yes that looks like a very small moisture stain to the upper spine corner. I think the bigger factor is the more noticeable blotchy areas on the BC. If it is coming from the image printed on the inside of the BC I think there would be a better shot for a 9.2

apollobuzz, it is a colour breaking crease and not a scratch, that appears to have been pressed out.

blazincomics & NuffSaid57, as you both noted, the stain is ink transfer from the "204 Revolutionary War Soldiers" ad on the back page.

As for the "moisture stain" it is only evident on the cover and bizarrely only only on the front cover too. Not sure what to make of it as if it was moisture surely it should be throughout the book?