• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help with a grade for this Iron Man #8 - Thanks!

24 posts in this topic

7.5 too bad about the overflash. Perfect candidate for trimming :-).

me thinks you are too harsh (please re-read your grading guide) 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

I agree. Easy 8.0, possible 8.5....

7.5 too bad about the overflash. Perfect candidate for trimming :-).

me thinks you are too harsh (please re-read your grading guide) 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

for a .5? C'mon! yay.gif

As usual all of you guys are a bit too harsh . . . that I can live with 27_laughing.gif but when someone consistently comes in with a low grade to make himself look like a "tougher grader" then I think a response in kind is due 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

8.0. How's PQ? yeahok.gif

friggin excellent - O/W unread cloud9.gif

is O/W unread better than normal O/W? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yup - the difference is when the book is still arched when open to the centerfold vs. laying flat - it is unread, un-touched, un-fingerprinted, etc. Every single time you read a book - damage occurs - no matter how light . . . sumo.gif

As usual all of you guys are a bit too harsh . . . that I can live with 27_laughing.gif but when someone consistently comes in with a low grade to make himself look like a "tougher grader" then I think a response in kind is due 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You could probably sell it as a 9.0 and 98% (as opposed to 96% or 99%) would be happy, but the OF on the top of the cover does make it a hard sell IMO. thumbsup2.gif

I just grade them as I see them. I wouldn't buy it as a VF. I grade first, then read the posts, so maybe you should be asking me what I have for sale and then you'll be pleased with my grading by ...say...0.5...variance in your favor. I have not sent books to CGC, and you may be completely correct in that I am grading harder than what you see with your submissions. I can't help it. I can't change how I grade, because I'll never be satisfied with a purchase otherwise. I don't buy on grade, I purchase on price, as grading is never the same and subject to "change" as Overstreet rewrites descriptions, CGC goes from hard to easier and maybe back in their grading standards, and then there's the other companies that grade different (harder? or maybe not? depending on who you talk to or which posts you read. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Any yes, that is a great cover, one of my favorites. The gladiator has a great presence. Iron Man was an early favorite of mine when collecting. Thats why I have a complete collection from TOS 39 through Iron Man (1st series) around number 280 or so. I need to scan a few issues with my grade posted, so you can tell me if I undergrade.