• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SILVERAGEDREAMS ONGOING PRESSING AND CLEANING THREAD / INVESTING / CGC SUBBING !

41 posts in this topic

Hey guys/gals ! figured id start an ongoing thread about my adventures in Pressing and Cleaning books instead of posting Random Threads.

Here's a Link to my Blog

PRESSING AND INVESTING BLOG

And a recap of my latest posts

TMNT #1 1st print Pressing and sub. results !

ASM129 crack press resub

UPCOMING WEBCAST WITH COMICLINK CEO !

Lois Lane 70 clean and press

LIVE HANGOUTS AUCTIONS !

Cleaning up Batman 181

Interior page fix

I'll update here when i post on my blog to keep you guys up to date ! Thank you everyone for the kind words and encouragement also via PM !

The ASM #129 does not appear to be pressed properly. The cover is wavy and flares out. It should lay flat. Also, there still is a noticeable dent. Sorry, but it looks like an amateur press job IMHO.

If you're using this forum to tout your pressing service, I think you need to show better results.

The ASM #129 does not appear to be pressed properly. The cover is wavy and flares out. It should lay flat. Also, there still is a noticeable dent. Sorry, but it looks like an amateur press job IMHO.

If you're using this forum to tout your pressing service, I think you need to show better results.

yup for some reason only 3-4 pics are showing up those are pre press pics ... thanks for the advice though , ill be in the slaughter house if you need me

yup for some reason only 3-4 pics are showing up those are pre press pics ... thanks for the advice though , ill be in the slaughter house if you need me

I thought they were the post pics because the surface looked smoother like after a press. The waviness and flared cover are typical of pressed comics that were cooled under the wrong conditions or too much heat or moisture was used.

I see the same problem with your Action comic. While you did manage to get some of the indentations out and smooth the surface, the cover is warped like the ASM #129.

I'm not trying to be harsh or overly critical, but offer some constructive criticism. Anybody can buy a dry mount press and press the heck out of a comic. But to do it properly is an entirely different matter. I don't claim to be an expert on pressing, but I certainly can see bad results.

In regards to the flaring, you should read this article, http://www.cgccomics.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?NewsletterNewsArticleID=2213

I thought they were the post pics because the surface looked smoother like after a press. The waviness and flared cover are typical of pressed comics that were cooled under the wrong conditions or too much heat or moisture was used.

I see the same problem with your Action comic. While you did manage to get some of the indentations out and smooth the surface, the cover is warped like the ASM #129.

I'm not trying to be harsh or overly critical, but offer some constructive criticism. Anybody can buy a dry mount press and press the heck out of a comic. But to do it properly is an entirely different matter. I don't claim to be an expert on pressing, but I certainly can see bad results.

In regards to the flaring, you should read this article, http://www.cgccomics.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?NewsletterNewsArticleID=2213

Yeah i have seen flaring with some but its minimal at best , seems to be the age of the book , ive been pressing for 3 years now and submitted 100's of books to CGC and CBCS for myself and customers. Ive Never gotten IMPROPER PRESSING on any book i have received back. I do know that the balance between the moisture and heat is a tricky thing to achieve. I do thank you for your criticism and know in the grand scheme of things i am still NEW at this. Lemme get some more pics of the book in question when i get a minute.

Even If SilverAgeDreams is pressing the books "wrong", the post pics still look a lot better than the pre. 2c

But it could be better. Much better. What you see is the specific problem areas and not the whole comic. Anybody can buy a press and squeeze a comic and get rid of some defects, but at the same time introduce other defects to the comic. Or even worse, permanently damage a comic. Assuming you're okay with getting books pressed, would you settle for incomplete or half- jobs? Wouldn't you want a comic as close to its original shape as possible? The best pressers pay attention to every little detail.

Even If SilverAgeDreams is pressing the books "wrong", the post pics still look a lot better than the pre. 2c

But it could be better. Much better. What you see is the specific problem areas and not the whole comic. Anybody can buy a press and squeeze a comic and get rid of some defects, but at the same time introduce other defects to the comic. Or even worse, permanently damage a comic. Assuming you're okay with getting books pressed, would you settle for incomplete or half- jobs? Wouldn't you want a comic as close to its original shape as possible? The best pressers pay attention to every little detail.

Never said i was the best ... and ill assure you my friends are happy with the results i provide this book in question just does not flare out like you suggest here's a pic of the top edge again , small amount on the tip but nothing horrible.

2015-02-05.jpg

who says a pressed book needs to look pancaked ? i layer so the pages don't stick together and have a tad of bounce to the book , but to each his own ... like i said neither my books or my friends books have ever come back with improper pressing .

Hey guys/gals ! figured id start an ongoing thread about my adventures in Pressing and Cleaning books instead of posting Random Threads.

Here's a Link to my Blog

And a recap of my 3 latest posts

ASM129 press

Cleaning up Batman 181

Interior page fix

I'll update here when i post on my blog to keep you guys up to date ! Thank you everyone for the kind words and encouragement also via PM !

The ASM 129 Press link is dead.

Can you share the post-press pics?

Here's a Link to my Blog

And a recap of my 3 latest posts

ASM129 press

Cleaning up Batman 181

Interior page fix

The ASM 129 Press link is dead.

Can you share the post-press pics?

yup im gonna fix the post tonight , it was missing like 8 photos the book is at CGC now was a 5.5 so well see how horrible i am at this lol