• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is there a cold storage temp that can damage comics?

25 posts in this topic

I've been lugging around three long boxes for 20 years and just recently added another long box to my collection. Never had an issue with humidity. I haven'tlived near water, that is probably the key

Reynold Jay used to (still does?) store comics in a freezer system. Or his website said he did.

Which is incredibly dumb as a freezer or any cold room traps moisture.

It could've been "hucksterism". It had been so long since I'd been to his site. Pretty sure it must've been early 2000's when I read it there.

After my post yesterday, I went to the website to see if anything was there. I couldn't find it. Website was still very "old school" looking. He hasn't changed the format/layout since way back then. Just updated some of the content. His site is a step above Sulipa's, but not by much. And still not as "good" as Chuck's. lol

I remember reading that anecdote on ebay about storing comics in the freezer. lol I always pictured him walking into a cooler with books strung up like slabs of meat.