• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

reason # 324123 why i hate the post office.

42 posts in this topic

Every Christmas we stop our post lady and give her Free-Range eggs (we have some chooks) and home made Jam.

Never has a bent envelope. She gets off her motorcycle, and knocks on the door everytime its too big to go in the regular size mailbox.

Our parcel van driver however is a complete POS who will not even wait, even if the package needs a signature. On the verandah it goes.

Until 1 year ago, when during a 40c day, we invited him in for a cold lemonade and a 2 minute break.

Since then, good as gold.

You shouldn't have to do this to someone who is paid to take care of your purchases, but it helps.

It's like the guy who gives a big tip on the 1st round of drinks. He never waits for a beer for the rest of the night.

It's human nature because being a postie would probably be a monotonous pain in the butt job.

Establish a relationship - your comics will love you for it.

2c

This.

I gave my mail guy $50 for Christmas and a thank you. He treats me very well and I want that to continue. Gone are the days of finding my Hulk #3 bent in half and shoved under my door ( wasn't him )

Im sure they dropped in grade. luckily it wasnt anything to expensive.

and i wouldnt have been as pissed if this was the first time they dropped these prioroty enveolopes off to me. I get them all the time and they always leave them inside my storm door. This dude literally smashed this thing into the mail box.

I expect you to confront him and tell him that at this house he needs to be more careful or you are also to blame for future mishaps.