• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Cleveland -- February 26-28, 2016

65 posts in this topic

NICE!! They just added Brett Dalton & Elizabeth Henstridge from SHIELD to the line up. I've got a mad crush of Elizabeth so I may have to run over and see what she looks like in real life. lol

1Cool,

Looks like I will be headed to Cleveland for the con (awesome birthday present from my wife)

Where will your booth be? Any other boardies setting up there that I could meet?

Don't know yet where I will be. They sent out a text a few days ago asking us to pick 5 preferred locations and they would let us know if we get one of the spots. I'm of course hoping to be close to the front with a corner.

Youchooseme said he would be coming back but he may not be able to with him opening up a store.

Neal Adams added to Cleveland, opinion: would it be worth it for Neal Adams Joker head sketch? I am currently weighing my options for con sketches, these are my top choices but I can realistically afford 3 of these on my budget (with other funds available for OA, comics and other con swag) plus lunch at Mr Hero.

Neal Adams - Joker

Jose Delbo - Optimus Prime

James O'Barr - the Crow

Martin Egeland - Aquaman

Geof Isherwood - Dr Strange

Michael Golden - Rogue

Greg Horn - Emma Frost

What would you get?

Is this a decent con to attend to purchase GA/SA books? I've never been to it but am close enough to give it a go if the boardies recommend. (shrug)

Not really sure which dealers will be there but Golden Age always seems to be tough to buy at a reasonable price. There will be plenty of Silver-Age books unless you are looking for Hulk 1s or AF 15 or some of the other really high end books.

Is this a decent con to attend to purchase GA/SA books? I've never been to it but am close enough to give it a go if the boardies recommend. (shrug)

Not really sure which dealers will be there but Golden Age always seems to be tough to buy at a reasonable price. There will be plenty of Silver-Age books unless you are looking for Hulk 1s or AF 15 or some of the other really high end books.

There was a wide range last year. Managed to track down a Famous Funnies 214 at one booth. Little too costly for me.

There was a wide range last year. Managed to track down a Famous Funnies 214 at one booth. Little too costly for me.

I seem to remember Harley being one of the few larger dealers who showed up last year. Most would agree he has the goods but they are not cheap.

I'm be set up in Booth 220 (which is slightly to the left of the main section). I'm pretty much directly across from Harley so if you see his booth I'm in the next row of booth (on the corner). I'd love to meet all of you guys so stop by and say hi.

There has to be half of the booths still available which can't a good sign. They are 10x10 booths so it may be worth it if anyone wants to split a booth with a couple guys ($550 each for the three day Con).

Last post of the day - the floor plan is showing CGC having a booth this year. I guess I'll wait to sub some books and save on the shipping cost. Now I have to decide if I should get my Crow 1 signed and graded. Decisions decisions.