• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Cleveland -- February 26-28, 2016

65 posts in this topic

Very small selection of dealers (especially if you are local and see the majority of the ones that set up many, many times a year). Crowd was decent on Friday and weather was good for the weekend. I would imagine it was pretty packed on Saturday/Sunday and both Wizard and the dealers did very well. It is really awful for buying due to the very small selection of dealers. I don't know if a show like this can ever turn the corner without Wizard actually lowering the prices for tables at a show of this size. I wouldn't personally attend again without a larger and more diverse selection of vendors. My 2 cents.

Too beat to post up a good report tonight but overall it was a good show with Saturday being jam packed with a ton of people buying. The three dealers who I know well enough to ask how they did all met their if I get lucky sales. I do agree this show is a terrible show in terms of finding deals with very few dealers and most of them being large established guys who price pretty high. I thought my prices were good for a big Con but I just don't have inventory to have books like Silver Surfer 1s or Giant Sized X-Men 1s. I had money to burn after having good sales and ended up finding $150 worth of books to buy. I'll write up a bigger Con report at lunch tomorrow.

I took some pictures and I'm making a rough attempt at a con report thread over in CG if anyone wants to chime in. In general I heard grumblings about the fact that there had to be 20 or so completely not comic related vendors. Up to and including a hospital working on research and a local remodeling company lol

Overall though I enjoyed myself :thumbsup: