• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auction sold damaged books issue

32 posts in this topic

Just return the book ( assuming you still can. )

Since it is not disclosed, you should be able to return it even if passed their 3 day policy.

I called them this early morning. The CSR stated to give them 2 days to answer my email and they will let me know. I said eff dat! I went ahead and shipped it back to them insured. According to their terms and condition, I have notified them. I'm not going to waste the clock and wait for a response.

Since it is not disclosed, you should be able to return it even if passed their 3 day policy.

I called them this early morning. The CSR stated to give them 2 days to answer my email and they will let me know. I said eff dat! I went ahead and shipped it back to them insured. According to their terms and condition, I have notified them. I'm not going to waste the clock and wait for a response.

Did you tell the CSR that you aren't waiting and are returning it?

:popcorn:

Sometimes there are legitimate reasons not to call. I had someone "talk to me" on another message board when I asked if others also received a damaged product. Long story short. I bought a toy many keep in the package last November. I said damn the whole sealed box thing and opened it. The robot was missing a head. I googled and there were a couple of incidents but added to a thread to see if it was widespread.

Why not call immediately? I wanted more information before I did that and did not want to be a whiny customer that had no idea about what I was talking about. That way, if I have a real problem I can with a better leg to stand on.

yup but he said wait but I'm not waiting and then another person tells me I should have sent it back and now the return period is over and I'm SOL

Water+Paper+Time=Mold.

This is a bit disingenuous. I've come across a ton of books that had water damage but no mold. Mold should be disclosed. Saying the books have water damage doesn't cut it.

Give it time. ;)

lol

You're right, not all water droplets are going to come into contact with spores, but I'd assume there's the chance with water damaged books.

yup but he said wait but I'm not waiting and then another person tells me I should have sent it back and now the return period is over and I'm SOL

I'm asking where the discussion ended, did you tell him you're not waiting for a callback & just shipping it back to them?

Thanks for clarifying that.

The way I read the original version was that you had this discussion with the CSR that ended with a promise of a call & then rather than wait for the promised phone call you just decided "eff that & shipped it back" because some other person said it was within your rights to do so.

regardless of what a CSR states over the phone, the terms and conditions is what they will rule on. I don't want to rely on a CSR word and later get a denial from their manager

You did the right thing. I hope they refund you with no aggravation. From my experience with Heritage, a different CSR will give you a different answer. Don't like the response from the first CSR, call back and talk to another one. Actually, this is probably true of most companies. Good luck with this.

regardless of what a CSR states over the phone, the terms and conditions is what they will rule on. I don't want to rely on a CSR word and later get a denial from their manager

That's why I used email for my inquiries, I then had a record to show that I had contacted them within the 3-day time frame. Not that I had any problems, but just in case.