• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FYI- to protect yourself as a seller on eBay

23 posts in this topic

Thanks for the info... I've sold a lot of stuff but nothing that expensive so that isn't on my radar, but it is now!

Unfortunately, as sellers we're all at the mercy of buyers who, if they wish to be dishonest, can game the system. Nothing we can do about that. But every precaution we can take to prevent the every day mishap is a good one!

I'm actually dealing with an issue as a BUYER right now... bought something on Feb. 15 and it still hasn't shown up... repeated attempts to contact the seller and he hasn't responded. I think it's the seller in me that wants to keep giving him a chance to make it right but I'm pretty much about at the end of my rope.

He marked it "shipped" about two weeks ago but never provided any tracking or anything so who knows what's going on?