• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone know when X-FACTOR #1 hit the shelves?

30 posts in this topic

Having invested heavily in Dazzlers, Marvel Star Trek, X-Men 137 (actually that last one didn't turn out too bad)...by the time X-Factor came out....I saw the light and only bought 1 copy.

By then, I knew better. But it was an expensive lesson.

You knew better in 1985 893whatthe.gif - now I really am pissed 'cause you should have tracked me down and explained this to me. Of course I was 11 years old at the time, but I now can rationalize blaming you for my 50 copies of Spiderman #1. sumo.gif

A friend of mine speculated HEAVILY on X-Factor 1, and has about 1000 of them. Not that it matters, but I'll bet you he could pull a 9.9 or 10.0 out of that pile. He's got five unopened distributor boxes of them.

Whenever I needle him about it, he points out that his other 80s speculation (Amazing Spider-Man 252, Dark Knight 1 and Secret Wars 8) did pretty well, and then laughs at me about the 1000 Man of Steel 1s I still have.

Does he sell on ebay? I've noticed this guy "earlshaw.net" has a nm/m Secret Wars 8 every other week on ebay,must have a box of them..... popcorn.gif

my uncle used to speculate quite a bit when he was heavily into comics in the 70's. He took fairly heavy hits on a lot of things but ghost rider #1 did fairly well for him as he purchased over 70 copies of it.

A friend of mine speculated HEAVILY on X-Factor 1, and has about 1000 of them. Not that it matters, but I'll bet you he could pull a 9.9 or 10.0 out of that pile. He's got five unopened distributor boxes of them.

Whenever I needle him about it, he points out that his other 80s speculation (Amazing Spider-Man 252, Dark Knight 1 and Secret Wars 8) did pretty well, and then laughs at me about the 1000 Man of Steel 1s I still have.

Does he sell on ebay? I've noticed this guy "earlshaw.net" has a nm/m Secret Wars 8 every other week on ebay,must have a box of them..... popcorn.gif

Iv'e bought from Earl before. A seller I would recommend. I picked up a Magnus #12 for around $12 shipped a few months back. A nice, solid NM+ copy.

And as for SW #8....he might just have a box or so. For example, a good friend of mine bought out a dealer a few years back and he ended up with AT LEAST a short box worth of #8 893whatthe.gif. So the quantity IS still out there on this book. Funny thing is, my pal won't sell in quantity and has yet to have any of his books graded Christo_pull_hair.gif. Oh well, at least I can still get MY copies relatively cheap grin.gif

k

Iv'e bought from Earl before. A seller I would recommend. I picked up a Magnus #12 for around $12 shipped a few months back. A nice, solid NM+ copy.

And as for SW #8....he might just have a box or so. For example, a good friend of mine bought out a dealer a few years back and he ended up with AT LEAST a short box worth of #8 893whatthe.gif. So the quantity IS still out there on this book. Funny thing is, my pal won't sell in quantity and has yet to have any of his books graded Christo_pull_hair.gif. Oh well, at least I can still get MY copies relatively cheap grin.gif

k

He told me this "i have 200+ copies of this book-all fresh out of the diamond boxes" so yep there's alot out there! foreheadslap.gif