• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey, what's etiquette around here?

13 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I'm new here and may want to sell comics here in the near future.

Do I just list them here? I see a lot of you also post here and sell on E-Bay at the same time. Do you end the auctions early if you see here first?

What works?

Thanks

My opinion is it's bad form to list something on ebay and then end the auction when an out-of-band offer strikes your fancy. Once an auction is listed, it should be allowed to run to it's logical conclusion. The ebay rules try to make this the case, but there are many loopholes.

Many sellers do pre-ebay sales here, take offers, and then list after those are taken care of.

You can list the books here and either give a price, or accept offers. If you don't get what you want, then a consignment site is probably best for CGC'd books, and eBay for ungraded books (but if the book is in nice shape and worth a lot of money you should have it graded).

Do you live near any other forum members?

And don't be afraid to ask questions.

Thanks guys.

I have no idea if I live near any other members.

I'm in upstate NY.

Stay Well.

hi.gif

Damn east coaster. sumo.gif27_laughing.gif

acclaim.gif

I'm in upstate NY.

Ettiquette dictates that if you voted for Hillary you aren't allowed to post on these boards...

Sorry...but thems the roolz.... makepoint.gif

screwy.gif

My opinion is it's bad form to list something on ebay and then end the auction when an out-of-band offer strikes your fancy. Once an auction is listed, it should be allowed to run to it's logical conclusion. The ebay rules try to make this the case, but there are many loopholes.

Many sellers do pre-ebay sales here, take offers, and then list after those are taken care of.

I can respect your opinion, but the rules ARE the rules, not your interpretation of them. The eBay rules don't TRY to do anything more than they allow you to do. What you refer to as loopholes, are simply the rules as they are written, some read them - others don't. sumo.gif

Those who break the rules should suffer accordingly, those that don't shouldn't. makepoint.gif