• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teen Titans

52 posts in this topic

REFERENCES

Kudos thread

ebay ID - brother17

ACCEPTED PAYMENT

Paypal only.

TERMS OF SALE

First unconditional :takeit: in either the thread or PM wins, by time stamp. Pending scans is fine.

No probies or HoS members or people I won't conduct business with.

SHIPPING

All paper, no plastic. Unslabbed comics only in this thread, so help me Zeus.

I will not ship media, I will not ship first class, I will ship priority or this thread will be my last. 1-3 books ship for $6 US. Beyond that, we calculate pounds and ounces from my zip code to yours, and that's what you pay. Canadians, please join in the fun. You pay whatever the cost of shipping is and accept the risk of customs agents whose fingers are sticky from maple syrup pancakes.

EDIT: If not satisfied, return any comic for a full refund with shipping.

The Story Behind This Thread

So I once had some comics...wait, that's not how this story goes. So I once wanted some comics and knew that to acquire them I would need to either move money from savings, earn additional money, charge the costs, or sell some of my current comic inventory.

I decided to sell off some of my current collection, and landed on the Teen Titans. A painful loss, but one I could stomach. Yet, as happens too often, the comics that I wanted were available, right then, so I could either move money from savings or earn additional money very quickly, the latter of which I could not do. So yeah, I moved the money, bought the comics, and here's the sell part.

I don't see a lot of Teen Titans comics for sale here. I know lizards has a taste for the Titans. I've recently sold here my Brave and the Bold 54 and 60 and Teen Titans 1. They sold lickety split, but the remainder of the issues, they are for the connoisseur, not just someone looking to hang one more comic on his keychain, nor the flipper with an eye looking eight months down the calendar.

ac

It is for people curious about DC's response to Marvel's success with reaching the esprit du temps of the 60s and 70s. And it's for Nick Cardy fans who want some fun colors. For me, I really like the cover compositions and inkings, and this title got me into learning about Nick Cardy.

Plus, this is a good chance for you to fill in or even start a run.

The costs are at or below what I paid for them. I need to cover the balance of three comics, which is almost done, so bring me home, baby!

So here are the remainder of my Teen Titans. I'll run this thread from now until the following weekend. At that point, I might extend it, or I might close it. If I extend it, it will be to add other titles.

Several of these comics were purchased from Metopolis, which papered them Charleston copies. I have the stickers for all but one of these, but no paper certificates were provided. I will mark these copies with a C.

Canadians, please join in the fun. You pay whatever the cost of shipping is and accept the risk of customs agents whose fingers are sticky from maple syrup pancakes.

And that's if you're lucky!

Canadians, please join in the fun. You pay whatever the cost of shipping is and accept the risk of customs agents whose fingers are sticky from maple syrup pancakes.

I can understand why people are reluctant to ship overseas, even if it's just to our nearby northern neighbors, but Canada isn't a big deal. Plus, nine times out of ten, you're dealing with fellow boardies who are as willing as you to make for a successful transaction. Not selling to Canada just prevents sellers from making sales and collectors from getting the comics they want. My 2c .

So yeah, these are some of my favorite covers in the run. Beautifully conceptualized, remarkably rendered, and

both fun and compelling. Issue 13 has a classic Christmas cover, 14 is a study in picture composition and narrative, and 16...well, I have two degrees in literature so the book is a sale for me. Anyhow, Sgt. Fury, Galactus, and Dr. Strange all await payment, so these comics could be yours for the low low prices of...see below. And hey, just why did you read all this? :makepoint:

All thumbnails click through to larger images. Click them, click post haste!

11, 8.0, $25 C

13, 7.0, $21 C

14, 8.5, $25 :news: SOLD!

16, 7.5, $23 C

dcj1u96m.jpggQMtGxim.jpgreHkQhUm.jpgBnaXoR1m.jpg

XR0nNCvm.jpgCLqPI2Hm.jpgtNu1ey9m.jpgZVOfH0xm.jpg

Lizards has a taste for Titans? hm
hm I always thought they tasted like chicken...,

Lo..., Spare you the plague of donut prints and backbacon stains :insane: