• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Valiant gets $100million+ for U.S./Asian market

115 posts in this topic

This was just delivered:

The white mark in the corner is not a crack but a piece of paper of all things. Tempted to just let it be as I do not want to cause a crack in trying to free it.

Harbinger0196.jpg

Leave it alone. The book looks gorgeous!

:applause:

Now, what did you have for lunch today?

:popcorn:

Um... It was called an Asian Turkey Burger served on some fancy bread.

It had pickled red onion, avocado, spicy mayo (mayo and Sriracha) and had a salad of mixed greens, golden raisins, feta cheese and balsamic dressing on the side.

I believe that the turkey burger was made with an onion type rub.

lol

It had pickled red onion, avocado, spicy mayo (mayo and Sriracha) and had a salad of mixed greens, golden raisins, feta cheese and balsamic dressing on the side.

lol

That sounds pretty tasty.

lol

That sounds pretty tasty.

It was delicious. It's one of my favorite places on LI.

awesome book Buzzetta!

I don't think the paper is distracting. Since High grade Harbinger #1's are now impossible to find without paying a pretty penny I think you have a good book..

Harbinger #1 has a 35,000 print run many of which were read,others clipped for coupon so the existing number of high grade copies isn't a lot. They've never exactly flooded ebay.

Then we have books like Archer & Armstrong #0 gold limited to 5,000 copies which is a different beast entirely. 1st appearance, limited, desired, nastalgic..

Forgot about Toyo Harada. Those are all gone. There really is a frenzy. I saw a nice Shadowman 1 up on eBay about an hour ago for $15 that had just been posted. It looked sharp. I went to BIN and someone else had the same idea and beat me to the punch.

Wait, what??? In my last batch to MCS I tossed in a CGC 9.8 almost as an after-thought. :facepalm: I've always loved the Solar 3 cover as iconic or classic of the 1 thru 10 books, but thought 'what the hell, let it go'. Last I looked it hadn't jumped out as being 'on fire' or anything. Sitting at about grading-cost with a couple days to go.

If it weren't for bad timing I wouldn't have any timing at all. :blush: Frikkin' movies.

awesome book Buzzetta!

I don't think the paper is distracting. Since High grade Harbinger #1's are now impossible to find without paying a pretty penny I think you have a good book..

Harbinger #1 has a 35,000 print run many of which were read,others clipped for coupon so the existing number of high grade copies isn't a lot. They've never exactly flooded ebay.

Then we have books like Archer & Armstrong #0 gold limited to 5,000 copies which is a different beast entirely. 1st appearance, limited, desired, nastalgic..

Is A&A #0 the only gold with a big first appearance? Nothing else jumps to mind.

awesome book Buzzetta!

Is A&A #0 the only gold with a big first appearance? Nothing else jumps to mind.

Good question.

Armorines 0 Gold: Could be a 1st full appearance since this is also the insert in X-O Manowar 25.

Bloodshot 0 Gold: Nope

Eternal Warrior 1 Gold Flat & Gold Embossed: Nope

H.A.R.D. Corps 1 Gold: Nope

Harbinger 0 Pink: Nope

Magnus 21 Gold: Nope

Ninjak 1 Gold: Nope

Predator vs Magnus 1 Platinum: Nope

Rai 9 Gold: Maybe.

Shadowman 0 Gold: Nope

Turok 1 Gold: Nope

Unity 0 Red: Nope

Unity 1 Gold: Nope

Unity 1 Platinum: Nope

X-O 0 Gold: Nope

awesome book Buzzetta!

Good question.

Armorines 0 Gold: Could be a 1st full appearance since this is also the insert in X-O Manowar 25.

Bloodshot 0 Gold: Nope

Eternal Warrior 1 Gold Flat & Gold Embossed: Nope

H.A.R.D. Corps 1 Gold: Nope

Harbinger 0 Pink: Nope

Magnus 21 Gold: Nope

Ninjak 1 Gold: Nope

Predator vs Magnus 1 Platinum: Nope

Rai 9 Gold: Maybe.

Shadowman 0 Gold: Nope

Turok 1 Gold: Nope

Unity 0 Red: Nope

Unity 1 Gold: Nope

Unity 1 Platinum: Nope

X-O 0 Gold: Nope

Ninjak #1 has Dr. Silk

Rai #9 has Spylocke

X-O #0 has Elvis :insane:

Here are the regular issues from the early part of the run that have important appearances:

valiantfirst.png

As a printable handout: http://valiantfans.com/valiantfirst.pdf

thanks Valiantman for posting that picture list!

also post Unity first appearances of

Bloodshot 6,7 -Ninjak

Eternal Warrior/Archer & Armstrong #8 -Timewalker

Shadowman #16- Dr. Mirage

can still be had for a $1.00 or so in drek bins. Those 3 characters were fairly instrumental in shaping the Valiant Universe for several years. many would agree Ninjak was one of Valiant's most popular characters during the mid 90's.

It sounds like this Chinese Film studio is ALL IN, considering TMNT was sold to Viacom for 60 Million..

I see the studio potentially going to characters like Ninjak, Timewalker and Dr. Mirage because they can't use Solar, Magnus, or Turok. And I believe Dr. Mirage is sort of like Solar. Ninjak feels like a character the asian studio will eventually naturally tap into,

and you can't have the Valiant universe without Timewalker!

my 2 cents..

It looks like DMG has made Valiant characters some of its key images across their main site.

DMG Entertainment Official Site

It also includes a better shot of the announcement event. It looks like they had large stand-ups on the stage, and banners of the characters on the walls.

ZbRqwPZ.jpg

I'm impressed!