• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Valiant gets $100million+ for U.S./Asian market

115 posts in this topic

Valiantman, after going through my longbox and sifting through some reader copies of X-O manowar #4 I think its in error to call 1 panel of a guy in the background playing sax a first appearance..

I recall in the 90's XO manowar 4 was a little hot for this reason but most people still considered Shadowman 1 his first full appearance and I have to humbly agree.

Thats like saying Swamp thing 25 is the true first appearance of Constantine.. literally.

Other than that the list of keys looks good. I just dont want to mislead someone into thinking XO manowar #4 is a significant key when it is not really at all.

Sorry, hate to tell you, it's a key. Nothing you can do about it now, better just go with it. Shooter got him in there on the Harbinger kids visit to New Orleans, and that is that.

Sorry, hate to tell you, it's a key. Nothing you can do about it now, better just go with it. Shooter got him in there on the Harbinger kids visit to New Orleans, and that is that.

thanks for your input!

the last 20 years I never considered 4 a key, but I will call it a cameo key now. I have a lot of those too. thanks for clarifying.

on a similar note:

I noticed on a database Dr Silk's first appearance is noted as being in Bloodshot #9, since he's mentioned.

but does a mention make a first appearance?

I thought Dr. Silk 1st appeared in Ninjak #1??

Valiantman, after going through my longbox and sifting through some reader copies of X-O manowar #4 I think its in error to call 1 panel of a guy in the background playing sax a first appearance..

I recall in the 90's XO manowar 4 was a little hot for this reason but most people still considered Shadowman 1 his first full appearance and I have to humbly agree.

Thats like saying Swamp thing 25 is the true first appearance of Constantine.. literally.

Other than that the list of keys looks good. I just dont want to mislead someone into thinking XO manowar #4 is a significant key when it is not really at all.

I'm not sure the industry will ever decide definitively whether a single appearance in a panel is a first appearance or not.

Yes for Darkseid? No for Wolverine? Who knows.

At any rate, Valiant sort of "officially" answered this question with their "First Appearance" trading card set from Upper Deck / Pyramid.

The first card in the set is Shadowman and X-O #4:

VE1FAset.jpg

I don't know if that settles the argument, though, because they picked Rai #0 for Bloodshot instead of Eternal Warrior #4... which is still hotly debated.

There's more Bloodshot in EW #4 than there is Shadowman in X-O #4... but the cards show the opposite.

(For those who might be confused by the comic showing on the Rai card... that's the flipside of Magnus #5)

Looks like time for me to pick up a X-O #4 and Solar #10 in 9.8.

Good luck with that. I've been trying to pick up a solar 10 in 9.8 for the past three years. I never see them at auction.

First time I have read a Valiant comic in 5 years. So far, my faves from the 2012 relaunches are Rai, Shadowman :applause: and Archer and Armstrong. I also like the back up stories which are teasers to X-O or other titles. Writing is better than Marvel titles and clean artwork. Coloring in Rai is fantastic. (thumbs u

First time I have read a Valiant comic in 5 years. So far, my faves from the 2012 relaunches are Rai, Shadowman :applause: and Archer and Armstrong. I also like the back up stories which are teasers to X-O or other titles. Writing is better than Marvel titles and clean artwork. Coloring in Rai is fantastic. (thumbs u

The "coloring" is actually fully computer-painted art.

heh... Saw this...

I think the announcement is great as some things thought in 'black hole' collections are making their way to market. Seller just agreed to my offer on this page.

Eternal Warrior 21 Page 16

EW21Pg16_1.jpg

:headbang:

The "coloring" is actually fully computer-painted art.

You still have to pick the right ones

heh... Saw this...

I think the announcement is great as some things thought in 'black hole' collections are making their way to market. Seller just agreed to my offer on this page.

Eternal Warrior 21 Page 16

EW21Pg16_1.jpg

:headbang:

Many thanks... !