• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ......ASM 9

27 posts in this topic

That book is worthy of being de-slabbed to be displayed in mylar!

Thanks for sharing the slab Jimbo.

Jason

.....Thanks for participating..... you have a good eye. I couldn't even see the stain through the slab...... I was, like, WTF is wrong with this book ? .....so I cheated and got grader's notes. When I found out it was just stains, out she came. Sometimes it'll be a spine split (which I hate....) on a sharp 7.5. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Well, I never tire to show my #36, it was a CGC 8.0:

Not better because of a bc dust shadow and slight foxing (barely visible).

But Andy (october) is right: I had been really low agreeing with Jason's grade, I would have said VF maybe VF+ after a better look. Easy to see the reason of the downgrade but I still thing it should be more a VF than a VF-.

nk51MQmh.jpg

....that 36 is fantastic......love finding slabs like this.... GOD BLESS...

Wow, I would have given that FF book more an 8.0, it is gorgeous.

I find in my experience the impact to grades given for things like minor foxing or staining can be pretty harsh sometimes, and the resulting numeric grade granted not always in line with how the book looks visually.

I remember a Marvel Family issue I sent in as one of the earlier books I had graded and I got absolutely hammered on he grade(it had some minor foxing on the back cover if I recall)

Grading is such a subjective art, even if you are very consistent there will be lots of opinions different than one's own. These forums are such an amazing place to learn from one another, I am very glad to be a part of them as it has aided me to become a much more knowledgeable collector and certainly a much more consistent grader over the years than when I first started lurking around.

Cheers

Jason

Wow, I would have given that FF book more an 8.0, it is gorgeous.

I find in my experience the impact to grades given for things like minor foxing or staining can be pretty harsh sometimes, and the resulting numeric grade granted not always in line with how the book looks visually.

I remember a Marvel Family issue I sent in as one of the earlier books I had graded and I got absolutely hammered on he grade(it had some minor foxing on the back cover if I recall)

Grading is such a subjective art, even if you are very consistent there will be lots of opinions different than one's own. These forums are such as amazing place to learn from one another, I am very glad to be a part of them as it has aided me to become a much more knowledgeable collector and certainly a much more consistent grader over the years than when I first started lurking around.

Cheers

Jason

SO true......when I first started getting CGC books I was actually kind of pissed.... they were making MY grading look bad lol .....but I go with the flow now and try to mimic what they do in most cases. If I were ever to sell the ASM 9, I'd include the label but price it more like a VF..... but then I'd be stuck wanting another one. GOD BLESS...

A 7.5 is a VF, in the end… Most likely to get an 8.0 from another grader, that is a sweet copy and I love it. :)

The FF #36 looks like a VFNM, maybe a VF+ if you want to be really harsh… it presents nicely and has a very nice page quality. Unfortunately the VGFN copy I have is better as far as inside printing goes, as this nice copy has some pages with color plates a bit off-register, and so I have kept both for now…