• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I'll Probably Order Never Another Book From Mile High (a Little Long)

115 posts in this topic

I'm a huge Valiant fan, but I also rate EC's pre-Code, Two-Fisted Tales and Frontline Combat as being some of the best comics I've ever read, and there's also Kanigher and Kubert's work on Sgt. Rock.

As far as Valiants go, he's missing out on some great books. :)

Ridiculous. Once the order is placed it a done deal. While not illegal its still unethical to do. Mycomicshop had ultimate fallout for $7.99 and it stayed there even when on Ebay they were going for $25+ . I order 2 and they sent me 2 . no issues. Has happened a few times and mycomicshop has always come through. This is why I never buy anything from Mile High.Just really bad to do .

Would be awesome to see if Chuck knows or do his comic guys just do what they want and he is insulated from the day to day biz.

I think it is more than just unethical; I think he could make a legal case here. There was an offer and there was an acceptance; that makes a contract. Mile High is in breach of contract, aren't they?

Display of goods in a shop window, catalogue, price list etc is not an offer it is an invitation to treat. Once someone places an order that is the first offer and it is the vendors choice to either accept or reject.

After watching the video of Chuck posted earlier it appears he is a bit of a flake. I mean what kind of a comic store tells you that their books are not for sale? I'm sure the DBA or LLC or whatever it is for MHC does not have it listed as a "research facility". As far as his own speculation goes, does he take himself seriously? The guy is rich , he's eccentric and hes got a lot of comic books.

After reading this thread thoroughly I can see why alot of people might not be eager to buy from MHC. I said in a separate thread that I have never had a problem and I have ordered a # of times. All readers to fill in gaps in my collection. I found the prices to be a bit high but they were the only ones with the books in stock and it was a had to have. Never bought a collectible from them. It seems like the majority of complaints were from people who openly admitted they were trying to flip books and were even obvious about it in their ordering.

Ridiculous. Once the order is placed it a done deal. While not illegal its still unethical to do. Mycomicshop had ultimate fallout for $7.99 and it stayed there even when on Ebay they were going for $25+ . I order 2 and they sent me 2 . no issues. Has happened a few times and mycomicshop has always come through. This is why I never buy anything from Mile High.Just really bad to do .

Would be awesome to see if Chuck knows or do his comic guys just do what they want and he is insulated from the day to day biz.

I think it is more than just unethical; I think he could make a legal case here. There was an offer and there was an acceptance; that makes a contract. Mile High is in breach of contract, aren't they?

Display of goods in a shop window, catalogue, price list etc is not an offer it is an invitation to treat. Once someone places an order that is the first offer and it is the vendors choice to either accept or reject.

While this may be true, in this particular instance Mile High didn't cancel his order. They shipped one book with the full shipping and insurance charged for his original order. He specifically ordered enough to hit the 'free shipping' threshold. They should have just cancelled his whole order and refunded him.

While this may be true, in this particular instance Mile High didn't cancel his order. They shipped one book with the full shipping and insurance charged for his original order. He specifically ordered enough to hit the 'free shipping' threshold. They should have just cancelled his whole order and refunded him.

I am not talking about what they are morally obliged to do. I was answering your question which was: whether there was a breach of contract. The answer is no.

Additionally as the Theddybear's offer was not accepted unconditionally, the partial filling of his order is actually a counter offer which he is entitled to accept or reject.

I am not talking about what they are morally obliged to do. I was answering your question which was: whether there was a breach of contract. The answer is no.

Additionally as the Theddybear's offer was not accepted unconditionally, the partial filling of his order is actually a counter offer which he is entitled to accept or reject.

Not really. They charged his credit card and sent the books with no communication. That's not a counter, it's more of an ultimatum. I don't know if it's legal or not and don't care. It's not the way I'd like to be treated as a buyer in any situation.

I was addressing your post from a 'how would I like to be treated as a customer' rather than a legal perspective. Two different things, I suppose.

Not really. They charged his credit card and sent the books with no communication. That's not a counter, it's more of an ultimatum. I don't know if it's legal or not and don't care. It's not the way I'd like to be treated as a buyer in any situation.

I was addressing your post from a 'how would I like to be treated as a customer' rather than a legal perspective. Two different things, I suppose.

Yeah they are different. And sorry I thought I had responded to your question about whether a contract was formed when it was actually asked by silver.

I now imagine Chuck, once the place is closed for the day, wandering around his research facility wearing a white lab coat and making notes on a clipboard.

It seems like the majority of complaints were from people who openly admitted they were trying to flip books and were even obvious about it in their ordering.

But that shouldn't matter. If he has 20 books all priced at $10, you purchase all 20 of them at his asking price, he is obligated to sell them to you.

:shrug:

-slym

I have never bought a single COMICS BOOK from them and have no desire to! :sumo: "Comics book" annoy's me, but at least if im scrolling through ebay and see that I know to stay away. lol

Un-neccessary apostrophes annoy me.

:baiting:;)

-slym

It seems like the majority of complaints were from people who openly admitted they were trying to flip books and were even obvious about it in their ordering.

But that shouldn't matter. If he has 20 books all priced at $10, you purchase all 20 of them at his asking price, he is obligated to sell them to you.

:shrug:

-slym

I agree 10,000,000,000 fold.

I have never bought a single COMICS BOOK from them and have no desire to! :sumo: "Comics book" annoy's me, but at least if im scrolling through ebay and see that I know to stay away. lol

-slym

-slym

Unnecessary -'s annoy me.

:baiting: