• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mark Millar's CHRONONAUTS from Universal Pictures

6 posts in this topic

I didn't know Sean Murphy was on that title. Great artist. I'll pick up a hardcover or trade paperback, sometime.

Mark Millar Says STARLIGHT & CHRONONAUTS Will Be His Next Titles To Hit The Big Screen

"The next two that I think will be moving forward pretty quickly are Starlight and Chrononauts, I think they'll probably be made at the same time as Kingsman 2, if not even before. I think Starlight's screenplay is finished now, it was written by Gary Whitta, he finished the screenplay a couple of weeks back and we're just moving forward now looking for a director."

"Chrononauts, there's one of the actors already and we're just looking for the second guy. Those two I think are the most likely to be the next two out, and then we should have another three ready to roll next year as well."

Mark Millar Wants Chris Pratt and Chris Hemsworth to Star in the ‘Chrononauts’ Movie

U6RcZUn.png

When last we reported on the big-screen adaptation of Mark Millar and Sean Gordon Murphy‘s graphic novel Chrononauts, it was to tell you that producer Chris Morgan was on board, the same Morgan whose latest film The Fate of the Furious is crushing the box office. Now, the movie adaptation is taking a step closer to realization with the addition of playwright/screenwriter Philip Gawthorne (Modern Life Is Rubbish). A good thing, too, because Millar is anxious to explore casting possibilities for the film with names like Chris Pratt and Chris Hemsworth leading the dream cast. (Sorry, but no Ryan Gosling and Hugh Jackman for this one.)

Deadline reports that Gawthorne will pen the Chrononauts -script which follows the bromance of two scientific geniuses as they travel through time in a “world’s first” experiment. Millar and Murphy will be executive producers on the project. Let’s be clear and say that no casting talks have started and no decisions have been made since the -script has to come first, but Millar certainly has his opinion on who is best suited to play Corbin Quinn and Danny Reilly.

There's Finally an Update on the Movie Version of Mark Millar's Time-Traveling Comic Chrononauts

Deadline reports that Philip Gawthorne has been hired to write the screenplay from the comic, which is about two super smart scientists who discover time-travel and decide to broadcast their adventures on TV. Chris Morgan, writer of the Fast and Furious series, is a producer, along with Millar and his co-creator Sean Gordon Murphy.

Gawthorne has yet to have a feature film produced but has written a bunch of scripts for various studios, including a Kojak movie and a remake of Cube. Universal, which owns the rights to Chrononauts, does not seem to be in any rush to make this movie, so his -script will have to be pretty strong for us to get any significant updates in the coming months.

Meanwhile, over on Twitter, Millar told a story that the original idea from Chrononauts came from a Universal executive who asked him to come up with a story that would star Chris Pratt and Chris Hemsworth. The result was a short story that got adapted into the time-traveling comic. Neither of those actors are attached (or probably aware of their connection to the property), but if anyone on that level got involved, the movie would probably come together pretty quickly.