• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Sky Blazers #2 (Nov. 1940)

10 posts in this topic

I have just got this in my late 2014/early 2015 purchases batch.

I thought the grade assigned by the seller was harsh: the book is solid, except for the fact it has:

– extensive marks due to some pen scribbling, probably done on a piece of paper put on the cover (not visible in scan);

– these clearly visible creases;

– paper quality of cover is very white, inside page quality is nice;

– staples clean and firmly attached;

– small piece missing from bc near spine;

– some spine roll.

3wrxuYNh.jpg

gFrkkduh.jpg

I see a small piece missing from around that staple also. I'm not as generous as you guys. I think its a very solid 3.0 with a shot at 3.5.

Not sure but I think that is white cover stock with staple tears, not a piece missing at the middle staple. If not, then 3.5 is probably closer to the mark.

I see a small piece missing from around that staple also. I'm not as generous as you guys. I think its a very solid 3.0 with a shot at 3.5.

Not sure but I think that is white cover stock with staple tears, not a piece missing at the middle staple. If not, then 3.5 is probably closer to the mark.

Could be, but if you look down the edge of the spine it looks like a bit of fraying where the piece may be missing. Need the owner of the book to chime in. Tough call either way.

There is staple tearing, that goes for sure, but I can’t see missing pieces. Which staple were you talking about?

Anyway, given the overall shape of the book in hand, I’d agree with a grade between 3.0 and 3.5 – I just thought the original grade was very harsh and was surprised when I received it. It has all attached, no serious flaw aside from the bc piece missing, and the general overall wear/dirt – it was graded as a

GD-

but it’s not the first time the grade is off and then the book is better, so very glad about it. :)