• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Smash Comics #22

7 posts in this topic

Another late GA purchase. I meant to stop with my Golden age purchases, but I still did not have one of the late Ray wonderful stories by Lou Fine, and this was one of the favorites, so I decided to go for it… :)

– some staining on covers;

– book lies very flat;

– slight rust on staples;

– tear + crease on the top of the bc;

– bottom staple has detached from the front cover only (still attached at the back cover);

– paper quality (both cover and insides) is VERY nice: insides are off white to white, almost white! :o

– minor creasing (mostly visible in scan);

0tASOVzh.jpg

AS6LTNjh.jpg

Tough one... so bright and sharp overall, but the stains and staple flaw will sink the technical grade. I'll guess it averages out to 4.5 or thereabouts. Nice one!

Thanks – that is quite helpful, I never know how to treat books with an half detached staple, even if it seems to hold on the other side.

What I like about this book is, aside from the great PQ, the fact that the cover lies perfectly flat (except for a very small non color breaking crease on the brc, front cover). It feels very fresh, a pity for the stains but it’s for my collection and very happy to have it. :)