• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What was you first complete set/run?

63 posts in this topic

Henry Aldrich 1-22, Dell file copies.

Basically stumbled on this great John Stanley-written series in the late 1980's, and ordered most of them out of Geppi's file copy catalog, with a few others from Comics&Stories.

Imagine, Dell, Gold Key and Harvey file copies - out of a catalog. The mind boggles. :insane:

20 is tough. Buscema Silver Surfer was my first, but longer than that? Nothing anyone would care about. Sandman, Geoff Johns JSA, 1-125 JLA, 80's Spectre, Power of Shazam, stuff like that.

Me first compleet run?

Lejends of Daneel Boon 1-8

Cardy :cloud9:... even though you sound like you're having a stroke!

I don't count the smaller sets but the first one I completed by buying back issues was Marvel Tales :cloud9: right after I completed it they started reprinting ASM's that I had so I quit buying the set.

The first non reprint set was DD.

John Byrne's Next Men (Dark Horse). 32 comics (if you count the variant of #1 and issue 0).

I had some thrown in as freebies, and as random throw ins from other deals and wound-up with multiple copies unintentionally.

Now I'm up to 5 complete sets (I also had trouble passing them up when they are $1 or less per cover). But I'm stopping at 5.

-Terry

I was able to complete a run that I worked on off and on for about 30 years.

AF 15 – ASM 700 complete.

It took me so long because I tried to get the whole set like a pedigree

where I bought as close to the same grade and defects as possible.

No chipping, no cream pages, no crazy QP - just books that present well.

It's funny to think it all started with this old jewel - my first comic I ever owned:

127433.jpg

127434.jpg

This is the only book I have that I won't sell.

It's deserves that status.

:cloud9:

For me it was Web of Spider-Man and Spider-Man (90's series). I don't have either today, I miss my Web of run a lot. The first Web of I bought off the shelf was #49, a great stand alone story the puts Spidey vs a drug dealer/dealers. When #50 came out I thought it was the coolest comic ever!

Being a huge Mcfarlane fan I thought I was going to love his Spider-Man series, I still enjoyed the other titles much more. I never got around to reading all these when I got back into collecting. Some day.

Anything? Star Wars - All 92 US Figures. Got Yak Face in 2005 and Blue Snags two years ago from someone on the boards.

Comics? AF15- Current ASM finished around 2003? 4?

Anything? Star Wars - All 92 US Figures. Got Yak Face in 2005 and Blue Snags two years ago from someone on the boards.

Comics? AF15- Current ASM finished around 2003? 4?

(worship) For the SW stuff.

The first would be when I was 10.

I had the entire Hulk run:

-1-6

-all Tales to Astonish

-the entire run of Hulk 102- it was around 190ish

-all appearances like FF 12, 25-26, 112, etc.

-all Defenders

All of it purchased via my paper route money. :cloud9: