• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Avengers #11 CGC 9.4 OW-WP (Perfect QP) Stan Lee Autograph

31 posts in this topic

What's odd is that this book got a blue label with Stan Lee's name on the front page yet I get a green label because a signature appears on the cover?

CGC is pretty consistent with that--if the signature is on the interior, it's blue, but if it's on the cover, it's green. My best guess is that markings on the interior don't affect grade below 9.9/10.0 at all, but markings on the cover do, so instead of just downgrading for a signature they can't verify, they give it the grade as it would have been without the sig and slap a "Qualified" on it.

I've seen one exception to this--pedigrees where the original owner signed the cover. Winnipeg, Larson, and the others all get the blue label, not the green. The Marvel Pay Copy got the same nod. Borock has stated they do downgrade for prominent original owner markings on pedigree books--I would imagine the Winnipegs get knocked down a notch or two or cut-off at a ceiling of around 9.4/9.6. Has anyone seen a 9.6 or 9.8 Winnipeg with Kjolso's signature on the front?