• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 1 New 52 Production Defect

10 posts in this topic

Batman 1 1st Print New 52

This book has an unusual defect. It has some sort of light vertical mark 2/3 across the front cover. It looks like its from the production, but I have no idea how to grade this. I am posting larger scans so you guys can give me some ideas. The vertical line runs from the M in Batman to just below the left side of his cape. If you cant see let me know and all increase the size again.

batman1fline.jpg

batman1flarge.jpg

batman1b.jpg

The wear on the back cover is all printed, part of the ad artwork. It's the same on every copy.

That said, I can't see the front cover defect at all. Is it like a soft vertical impression or groove running down the cover?

The wear on the back cover is all printed, part of the ad artwork. It's the same on every copy.

That said, I can't see the front cover defect at all. Is it like a soft vertical impression or groove running down the cover?

Oh ok...now that that is clear, I dont see anything wrong with this book minus what appears to be some shelf wear on the bottom left of the front cover.... why not a 9.8

Not its on the front cover and its more vertical impression mark. I increased the scan by another 25% to see if it helps. My only other option would be to link to a higher resolution scan I guess.

I don't think my scanner is going to pick it up. I can only see it at an angle in the light. All add a second scan adding a line where it is.

I'll throw out a guess of 9.6, possible 9.8. The book looks very sharp. I can't see the vertical mark, but if you think it's from production then it shouldn't affect the grade anyhow.

Ahhh true ;) i saw that big dirty top right corner. I have honestly had books I thought were 9.6 come back 9.8 and this looks better than them if that's the case. If your worried about it maybe have it pressed. Ease your mind a bit.

I tried increasing the scan by another 150% and it still doesn't show the press line. Yeah I am worried about where the grade will fall. I didn't see it when I bought it, but I caught it the next day in the light at an angle you wont see it straight on.

I am just trying to find an accurate conservative grade on it so if I sell it here or on ebay I wont run into any issues.