• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

James Bond XXIV: SPECTRE - "You're a kite dancing in a hurricane Mr. Bond."

235 posts in this topic

Spectre Might Be Daniel Craig's Last James Bond Movie

Speaking to Esquire, Craig was asked if he’d like to return as James Bond for at least one more movie. Craig didn’t rule it out entirely, but he definitely doesn’t seem keen on the idea.

“I really don’t know. Honestly. I’m not trying to be coy. At the moment I can’t even conceive it…At this moment, no. I have a life and I’ve got to get on with it a bit. But we’ll see.”

hm

OUCH!

Anthony Horowitz On Idris Elba In BOND Films: "He Is Probably A Bit Too “Street” For Bond"

While talking with the Daily Mail, author Anthony Horowitz, who wrote the new Bond novel Trigger Mortis, expressed his thoughts about Idris Elba in Bond films, and reveals that he thinks Elba shouldn't have got the role. Why? Well, it seems as though he thinks Elba is a bit too "street" to play that role. "Idris Elba is a terrific actor, but I can think of other black actors who would do it better. For me, Idris Elba is a bit too rough to play the part.It’s not a color issue. I think he is probably a bit too “street” for Bond. Is it a question of being suave? Yeah.”

That must have caused some backlash.

d04UF2n.jpg

:ohnoez:

But he does like Adrian Lester.

Adrian-Lester-doctor-who.jpg

I can think of a few rough white English actors that are too street to play Bond as well.

I doubt the author was being a racists, as you also pointed out. Enough folks thought he was the author had to issue a clarification.

If anything, he is probably being extra protective of the Bond character foundation, and has very clear expectations what it would take for an actor to fit the mold. I still think Idris Elba could pull this off.

I can think of a few rough white English actors that are too street to play Bond as well.

I doubt the author was being a racists, as you also pointed out. Enough folks thought he was the author had to issue a clarification.

If anything, he is probably being extra protective of the Bond character foundation, and has very clear expectations what it would take for an actor to fit the mold. I still think Idris Elba could pull this off.

Aside from one minor issue, I agree...

:insane:

Human Torch?

:baiting:

Human Torch?

Chris Evans is up for James Bond? :baiting:

Human Torch?

Good God! You're right

Rumors about Chris Evans stepping into the role's next iteration have been floating about for a while now. He is characterized by being smooth, slick, handsome, rugged and charming. These are definitely the characteristics needed to play James Bond.

Human Torch?

Good God! You're right

Rumors about Chris Evans stepping into the role's next iteration have been floating about for a while now. He is characterized by being smooth, slick, handsome, rugged and charming. These are definitely the characteristics needed to play James Bond.

Why not? I mean, he's wrong for the part IMHO...but that doesn't stop anyone these days (shrug)

Good God! You're right

Chris Evans isn't British, so he absolutely, positively cannot play James Bond. (tsk) Letting a filthy pure-blood American play Bond is about as likely as the American flag replacing the Union Jack. :eek:

Good God! You're right

Chris Evans isn't British, so he absolutely, positively cannot play James Bond. (tsk) Letting a filthy pure-blood American play Bond is about as likely as the American flag replacing the Union Jack. :eek:

Pierce Brosnan wasn't/isn't British and he got to play Bond.

He's an expatriot though. He wasn't born into the land of decadence you and I were. :blush:

He's an expatriot though. He wasn't born into the land of decadence you and I were. :blush:

20024490.jpg

20024490.jpg

:roflmao:

:applause:

20024490.jpg

F#×K YARGH!!!

Good God! You're right

Already happened.

The 1st James bond Barry Nelson was American

Then we have Sean Connery, George Lazenby

The 1st three Bonds were not British

Sean Connery - Scottish (British)

George Lazenby - Australian

Roger Moore - English (British)

Timothy Dalton - Welsh (British)

Pierce Brosnan - Irish

Daniel Craig - English (British)

The problem with Chris Evans playing the role is American's are not that great a doing an English accent.

Idris Elba - Yes but he's too old now.

Colin Salmon would have been another pick for me, but again it should have been 15 years ago.

My pick right now would be Henry Cavill.

Silly white people don't realize that black don't crack. :blush: Black people age until about 40-ish and then get frozen in time with wrinkles not showing significantly for another 30 years.

B-se8yMXEAAwWmf.jpg12607e1384745813o6051.png

Silly white people don't realize that black don't crack. :blush: Black people age until about 40-ish and then get frozen in time with wrinkles not showing significantly for another 30 years.

B-se8yMXEAAwWmf.jpg12607e1384745813o6051.png

Tis true!

It actually goes to show you how terrible a job being President is. Using the BDC theory, he should look the same as he did when he came into office. However, he has aged just a badly as every other POTUS did.

8 years in office is like 20 in regular person years.

It actually goes to show you how terrible a job being President is. Using the BDC theory, he should look the same as he did when he came into office. However, he has aged just a badly as every other POTUS did.

8 years in office is like 20 in regular person years.

Yea...he went from 40-something to Morgan Freeman in seemingly no time. :o

Obama_aging_110803.jpg