• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

James Bond XXIV: SPECTRE - "You're a kite dancing in a hurricane Mr. Bond."

235 posts in this topic

Daniel Craig Rumored To Be Done As James Bond

The actor, who appeared in his fourth James Bond film last year, has been counted out of the franchise numerous times since just before SPECTRE hit theaters, when he went on a press tour in which he said things like if he returned to the franchise, it would only be for the money.

And now, The Shortlist has it that Craig is definitively out, quoting actor Mark Strong, who appears in Our Friends in the North alongside Craig. He believes that Craig feels he's said what he has to say as James Bond and doesn't have anything of value to add.

Daniel Craig Rumored To Be Done As James Bond

The actor, who appeared in his fourth James Bond film last year, has been counted out of the franchise numerous times since just before SPECTRE hit theaters, when he went on a press tour in which he said things like if he returned to the franchise, it would only be for the money.

And now, The Shortlist has it that Craig is definitively out, quoting actor Mark Strong, who appears in Our Friends in the North alongside Craig. He believes that Craig feels he's said what he has to say as James Bond and doesn't have anything of value to add.

Why would "The Shortlist" take Mark Strong's opinion as an indication of anything at all? Sounds like he knows what all the rest of us know.

Wow, this still is playing?

SONY really wants to bring in $200 mill domestic. lol

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=bond24.htm

Who would have thought a year ago that Deadpool would beat James Bond domestically at the box office?

Seeing as Deadpool is a really funny action film and the last 3 James Bond films have been snooze fests....

Finally got to see this last night.

wgoYsq8.jpg

But after all that...

A pistol takes out a helicopter engine?

And what about...

youonlylivetwice01.jpg

6.0/10.0 because it wrapped up the tetralogy.

Finally got to see this last night.

wgoYsq8.jpg

But after all that...

A pistol takes out a helicopter engine?

And what about...

youonlylivetwice01.jpg

6.0/10.0 because it wrapped up the tetralogy.

Nothing is wrap up yet......If Craig comes back so does Waltz.

Sam Mendes Says ‘It’s Time For Somebody Else’ To Direct James Bond

In an interview with The Guardian, Mendes reiterated earlier statements about Spectre being his last go-around in the world of Bond, mentioning that another director should get the chance to lend their voice to the property:

“It was an incredible adventure, I loved every second of it. But I think it’s time for somebody else.”

“I’m a storyteller. And at the end of the day, I want to make stories with new characters,” he added.

Sam Mendes Says ‘It’s Time For Somebody Else’ To Direct James Bond

In an interview with The Guardian, Mendes reiterated earlier statements about Spectre being his last go-around in the world of Bond, mentioning that another director should get the chance to lend their voice to the property:

“It was an incredible adventure, I loved every second of it. But I think it’s time for somebody else.”

“I’m a storyteller. And at the end of the day, I want to make stories with new characters,” he added.

I think this is a good move for the franchise.

Just saw Spectre last night. Loved it. The fight scene with Hinx in the train was amazing. Skyfall is still by far the best of the four movies, but all four have been excellent. Really sad to see Craig leave, but understandable. Definitely my favorite Bond so far.